My Top 7 Halloween Costume Ideas

Halloween is my absolute most favorite holiday. All the cute and spooky decorations, tons of candy, pumpkin patch photo-ops, and, of course, Halloween parties. But, in order to attend a Halloween party, you must have a bomb costume. This part of Halloween is a little stressful for me, because I don't just want to be a cat or a vampire. I want to have an original costume that people will remember. So, here are some of my best ideas, and hopefully this list might help you out if you are struggling to come up with a costume idea on your own.

Patrick with Fishnets

I loved watching Spongebob growing up, and still do. When they came out with the first Spongebob Squarepants movie, I was ecstatic. Basically what happens is Plankton takes control of Bikini Bottom and King Neptune, a mermaid. Spongebob and Patrick must find the king's crown and return it to him to save Bikini Bottom and the Krusty Krab. When they return with the crown, they break out into song, and start rocking out while saving the citizens.

During this scene, however, Patrick is shown wearing tall, black leather boots and fishnets while doing the splits and twirling. I thought it was hilarious, but my mom was mortified that her 6-year-old daughter was being exposed to such a thing. Now, this version of Patrick is super popular on platforms such as Tik Tok and Twitter, which would make it a great Halloween costume.

All you would need is a pink morph suit, some fishnets, black boots, and Patrick's iconic green and purple shorts.

Powerpuff Girls and the Professor

Of course, everyone dresses as the Powerpuff girls, but if you have a group of four people, the addition of the Professor adds a nice touch. This is actually what my roommates and I are going as this year, and I have the honor of being the Professor.

Again, I remember watching this show when I was little. I always like Blossom the most because she was the leader and I was bossy just like her as a kid. I thought it was cool how they were girl super heroes, versus just boys being super heroes. It made me feel as thought I could do whatever I put my mind to.

This costume would be pretty easy to make, I think. I've seen a lot of people make the girls' costumes with just oversized pink, green, and blue t-shirts with a strip of black fabric across their midriff. I think it would be really cute, though, to do a monochromatic outfit. For Bubbles, for example, you could get a light wash denim jacket, light blue miniskirt, and light light blue shirt. You could also do correlating makeup and accessories like purses and earrings.

For my Professor costume, I am planning on getting a cheap white lab coat off Amazon and wearing a white miniskirt and shirt and a black tie. I think this would make my costume recognizable, but I wouldn't be dressed in a straight up suit and tie.

Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor

Elizabeth Taylor was famous for her acting and her love life. She was married eight times, but only had seven grooms. This is because she married fellow actor Richard Burton twice. They married for the first time in 1964, but got divorced ten years later. Then, a year later, I guess they decided they were still in love, so they married again in 1975.

I first learned about this couple from Taylor Swift's song, "Wildest Dreams" from her 1989 album. When I googled them, I was surprised to learn about the story of this couple and their rocky relationship.

This would be a funny couple's costume. I personally would dress as them on their wedding day. Elizabeth wore a long side braid with small, white flowers intertwined throughout. Her dress just looked like a white nightgown, if I'm being honest, and would probably be easy to find in a thrift store. As for Burton's outfit, he was just wearing a suit and tie with a boutonierre.

Rubik's Cube

So, this one is kind of weird and random, but I will say I have done it before, and it was a hit. I got tons of compliments and people kept saying "Oh, that's so clever!" I was probably around ten when I dressed as a Rubik's Cube, though, so I wasn't going to a crowded party or anything.

All you have to do to make the costume is get a medium-sized box. Paint the whole thing black and then cut out holes for your arms and head. Next, cut pieces of cardboard into squares, but make sure 9 (3 across and 3 up) can fit on each face of your box with space in between, so the black still shows. Get white, orange, red, yellow, green, and blue construction paper, covering 9 squares with each color. I put clear packing tape over the construction paper to make it look shiny like plastic, and also to protect it from potential rain.

Underneath your glorious new Rubik's Cube, just dress in all black. The only drawback to this costume is that it's sort of hard to move your arms around, so I would suggest adding some sort of padding around the arm holes.

Breasts

Okay, so hear me out. This is a great costume to do with a best buddy and is super funny. Basically one person is the left breast and the other is the right breast and when you stand next to each other, you make a pair. This will definitely make the two of you stand out at a costume party!

To make this unusual costume, all you need is a nude shirt, an exercise ball that can fit under your shirt, and some colorful fabric. Cut the colorful fabric into the shape of a bra cup, so it will fit around the exercise ball when you have it on. Don't forget to add a strap! To finish the costume off, just stick on a pair of jeans and find your partner.

Lost Dog

Ok, so picture this: a woman with a voluptuous backside is looking for a seat and finally finds one. What she doesn't realize, though, is that her own dog is already occupying that seat. To the dog's dismay, the lady sits down and when she gets up again, the dog is stuck between her bottom cheeks. Now, she can't find her dog! That's what this costume is.

To become this lovely woman, you can dress as an old woman, a teacher, librarian, whoever you want, it's not really important to the costume. Get some pantyhose or tights that are a few sizes bigger than your own and fill the bottom area with cotton filling or pillows.

I would suggest wearing a skirt versus pants to make the costume look more believable and more comfortable. Now, find a plush dog and glue it to the skirt and partly cover it in the skirt, so it looks like it's really stuck. Finally, just print out a picture of the plush toy and write "Lost Dog!" and glue it to a ruler or paint stirrer, and you're done!

Santa

So, this costume is kind of just a random one that I think would be really funny. Imagine showing up to a Halloween party where everyone is dressed in dark clothes and covered in fake blood, but you're dressed as good ol' St. Nick. I think this costume is great because it really shows your neglect toward Halloween and Thanksgiving, but really emphasizes your love for Christmas and the jolly season.

All you need for this costume is, well, a Santa suit. The only addition I would suggest is maybe a bag of small toys to give out for candy canes. Anything Christmas-y that will spread the joy will work!

So there it is, my list of seven Halloween costume ideas. I hope this list helped you figure out what you will be this year, or even helped you open your horizons a bit. Even if this list doesn't help, just please, for the love of God, don't go as another Harley Quinn or Joker.

From Your Site Articles
Related Articles Around the Web