20 Last-Minute Costume Ideas For You And Your Sqaud This Halloweekend

Because who even has the time anymore?

6458

Halloween is right around the corner and if you’re a real-ass adult with no time to sit down and plan out a Halloween costume, then fear not. These easy, cheap group costumes are here to help you out. They’re also not super basic like “the Spice Girls” - either the actual group or a bunch of girls dressed as McCormick containers. You should be able to put together these costumes yourself the day before (or even the day of, if you’re ambitious) your party and you and your friends will still look fabulous.

1. Fruit

This isn’t so basic that everyone expects it, but it’s easy to find suggestions on it on Google. I recommend grabbing a large t-shirt or skater dress in your fruit’s color and decorating with Sharpie or fabric paint.

2. The Seven Dwarves (and Snow White)

Okay, so this one is a little tricky purely because you need exactly seven people and maybe a Snow White. Deciding who gets to be who is always the trickiest part of group costumes like these. But if you have enough friends, it seems easy and fun.

3. Tequila Shot

I came across this on one of those Facebook click-bait lists and I don’t even care, I love it. Salt covers herself in glitter, Jose puts on a lil too much bronzer, and lime can wear green lipstick. It can be done in a quick trip to Michaels and TJ Maxx.

4. The Price Is Right

I almost peed my pants laughing over this one. It’s funny, easy to recognize, and you can do it with either 3 or 4 people. It also doesn’t require a lot of makeup or uncomfortable outfits - just a t-shirt and jeans will get the job done! You do have to make your number sign though, so make sure you carve out some time for that.

5. Care Bears

I first saw this on Pinterest and I fell in love. It was the sweetest idea. I was obsessed with Care Bears when I was a little girl and this is another thing that’s easy for everyone to recognize and low-effort. Just go to Michaels and grab a ton of different colored sweatshirts and some felt and fabric glue!

6. Deck of Cards

Now for this one, I used the first image that popped up on Google because it was cute, classy and a little bit sexy - everything a Halloween costume should be. All you need is a big white t-shirt and a Sharpie. This is an awesome “last-minute-party’s-in-two-hours” kind of costume. You can go as sexy or as conservative as you want. Just have fun!

7. The Powerpuff Girls

This is another great one where you can go as sexy or as conservative as you like. Big t-shirts from Michael’s win the day again. Grab a black belt from TJ Maxx while you’re at it and you’re done!

8. Trollz

Now I’m not talking the movie, I’m talking the original 80’s-90’s Trollz dolls. A nude or flesh-toned t-shirt might be harder to find, but tossing a water bottle into your hair and dying it a crazy color with temporary spray dye from Party City will be a breeze.

9. Cacti

This one might take a little ingenuity but it’s not impossible. A big green sweater or sweatshirt will do the job and once you make a template for the barbs, cutting them out of felt will be easy as pie. Don’t forget a pretty pink flower at the top! This costume is also great on your own!

10. Three Blind Mice

This one is on the verge of becoming basic, but I’ve seen it done so many different ways that I think you should be good. Yet another costume that falls on the Conservative-Sexy Scale, but have fun! All black or grey, some Ray Bans (knock-off, of course) and some mouse ears and bow ties from Party City and you’re ready to go!

11. Teletubbies

You are lying to me if you tell me you didn’t watch Teletubbies as a baby. This is another great “very last minute” costume. A big t-shirt or sweatshirt from Michael’s and some duct tape or foil and pipe cleaners and you’ve got your costume!

12. Loofah Bath Buddies

So this one looks a lot more complicated than it actually is and tutorials abound on Pinterest for this one. You just need a lot of toile and a little patience. Any color is a great color, and your friends can match or mix it up!

13. Cupcakes

Again, this one is less intimidating than it seems. A white tank top, some felt or Sharpies and fabric glue, and a tutu from Party City with a fun colored skirt and you’re ready. Mix and match with your friends create a rainbow of flavors.

14. Nail Polish

This is one of my favorites because literally, anything goes. Two people or ten people, the idea still works. A white t-shirt, a fun colored skirt, and a white fabric Sharpie make your whole costume! Make sure you and your friend don’t go as the same color! Make fun names for your shades and write them...wherever you like.

15. Boxed Wine

This is glorious. This is great. This might be harder to do, but it was so fun that I couldn’t leave it out. I’ve seen so many different takes on it that you can feel free to look up a tutorial or pick your favorite from Google but it’s hilarious and fun and gives you a great excuse to drink wine all night.

16. The Seasons

This one is fun because you can impart as much or as little effort as you want. Grabbing some season-themed garland from Michael’s will take two minutes and you can conceptualize the seasons any way you want!

17. The Golden Girls

Who doesn't love the girls? A quick trip to a thrift store or a second-hand shop and you’ll be amazed at how much 80’s garb you can find. Have fun with it! Keep your characters in mind!

18. Ice Cream Parlor

This is as cute and fun as it is easy. As many or as few people as you want can participate and you could even have a soda jerk! Yet again, big t-shirts and Sharpies save the day! For sprinkles, try colored tape!

19. Alvin and The Chipmunks

This is super cute and so easy. Three big sweatshirts and felt for a big, yellow “A” and some pom-poms for tails. It’s super easy, really cute, and lots of fun! Aaaand now the theme song is stuck in my head.

20. Shark Week

This was hilarious to me. I definitely give it an A+. Some grey t-shirts, felt, glue and Sharpies and you have yourself a sweet group costume. Because everyone knows Shark Week should be considered a national holiday.

You’re a busy person with a lot to do. Don’t let Halloween costumes be one thing that takes up your schedule. With these, you’ll be cool and have plenty of time to get other things done. Have fun and be safe!