12 Destinations On My Travel Bucket List

Oh the places you will go.

31

In my lifetime, whether it be in the next two years or 25, I intend on traveling to as many places as I possibly can. The list is endless, and if I could visit every country/city/state possible, I would. Keeping it short and sweet, I've listed some unique highlights to consider if given the chance to.

1. Pamukkale Hot Springs in Turkey

These hot springs were declared a World Heritage Site and remain a popular attraction and you can even swim in some of the pools!

2. Elephant Nature Park, Chiang Mai, Thailand

The Elephant Nature Park is a humane preserve where you can spend the day among the large creatures, contrary to the controversial tourist attraction of elephant rides that are popular.

3. Ibiza, Spain

A popular party city for the younger crowd in Europe, Ibiza is an island in Spain known for its nightlife. Beyond that, the scenery is beautiful and gorgeous beaches.

4. Amsterdam, Netherlands

The scenic canals, the Anne Frank House, and the much more lenient laws (if you get what I mean) are a few of the many reasons to visit the notorious city.

5. Big Major Cay, Bahamas

Big Major Cay is an island inhabited solely by the "swimming pigs" whose arrival to the island is still a mystery. The pigs are accustomed to tourists, which allows you to swim and frolic amongst them.

6. White Cliffs of Dover, England

The cliffs reach up to 300 feet in height and on a clear day you can see France across the Channel.

7. Giant Buddah, Hong Kong, China

The largest seated Buddah in the world requires a bit of a hike to the top, but is worth the walk to see, if you're into that stuff.

8. Victoria Falls, Zambia, Africa

The largest waterfall in the world and features the Devil's Pool, where you can swim on the edge of the drop.

9. Santorini, Greece

The gorgeous coastline and picturesque architecture make Santorini a popular location for romantic getaways.

10. Great Barrier Reef, Australia

The largest coral reef in the world is home to over 600 types of coral making it the largest living thing in the world.

They say the best time to travel is when you're young. You have no job holding you in one place, but that also means you probably don't have the funds to country-hop. Maybe that's the way you prefer to see the world, though, stripped down to its bare minimums and seeing the raw beauty of a foreign country. Some people prefer to wait until they have the financial ability to experience the higher end of travel. Whatever the case, you should not leave this planet having missed out on its wonder.