7 Reasons We Have to Be Grateful

7 Reasons We Have to Be Grateful

Not every day can be a great one, and sometimes we need a friendly reminder about the blessings we have within our lives

432
7 Reasons We Have to Be Grateful

Life isn’t always full of ‘happy’ moments. It can be difficult, and quite frankly, physically and emotionally draining - in these cases, being grateful isn’t always the first thing on our minds.

So here are seven reasons we have to keep us remembering how blessed we are.

1. Waking up in the morning

Although for some people, it may not always seem like a blessing, the ability to wake up every morning is one of the best gifts we could receive. Knowing that we get to try again, and learn from our mistakes, is a great feeling.

2. Having a family

Family doesn’t necessarily mean blood related, but knowing that you have an entire support group behind you - is uplifting. No matter what the occasion, no matter what the issue is, they’re always there for you.

3. Music

A very generic topic, however, very important. Music is one of the few things that holds the ability to change a life. It can impact us in ways that normal conversations may never. It provides solace, hope, and comfort. It understands us when the rest of the world may not, and some gives the best advice imaginable.

4. The Kind Stranger

We may not always know everyone who has an impact in our life. Sometimes it;s our best of friends, and sometimes it is the kind stranger who holds the door open for you, who compliments your outfit, or the one who pays for your coffee. There will always be bad people in this world, but that also means that there will always be two kind individuals to make up for it.

5. A Good Book

Much like music, books are one of the few things that can hugely impact our life. They allow us to escape reality and create a whole new world within our mind. They provide relaxation and imagination. They bring characters to life that have the ability to help heal our pains. They are a form of magic that all can experience.

6. The Moments of Uncontrolled Laughter

Everyone has experienced this at least once in their life. The moment when you’re laughing so hard, you feel like all your insides have turned to steel. These are the moments that we feel most connected to a person, to a moment, or to a place. It is like a breath of fresh air when we may feel like the rest of the world is closing in on us. It is the purest form of joy.

7. Watching the Sunset

Although sunrises are also another reason we have to be grateful for, sunsets are a reminder that we made it through the day. We survived whatever kinds of hardships we were facing. Whatever kind of bad day we were having, we made it through. Sunsets are a beautiful reminder that we can survive, and we will make it to another day.