Ever wanted to check out EDM music, but didn't know where to start? Look no further! Start here.
If you have been following me for a long time, then you know I write about two main things: relateable articles and communication media based articles. Now, it is time for me to combine the two. For those of you that don't know, I am a radio DJ at IUP, and I DJ for a show called BPM (Beats Per Minute). It is an EDM, or electronic dance music, based show and I absolutely love it.
Believe it or not, I never really listened to EDM before I started deejaying. I knew the big wigs; Skrillex, Deadmau5, Calvin Harris and Aviici, just to name a few; but I did not know that EDM music is more than just hard dubstep or the more pop-influenced EDM songs we hear on top 40 radio. Now I absolutely love it. I find it to be a cool genre of music in general because it has so many styles, and I'm always looking for new songs to play on my show.
If you're interested in listening to EDM music, then today is your lucky day! Below are 21 EDM songs that range in style, but should ease the non-EDM listener into the world of electronic dance music. This list also gets you away from more popular DJs like Calvin Harris, Zedd, The Chainsmokers and David Guetta.
1. "Ready or Not" - Madison Mars
2. "Blackout" - Tritonal featuring Steph Jones
3. "Stepping Stone" - Lemaitre and Mark Johns
4. "Heartless" - Jacob Tillerberg featuring Jonning
5. "Electric Elephants" - Jay Hardway
6. "Do You Don't You" - Haywyre
7. "Top of the World" - Stephen Walking
8. "Faded" - Alan Walker
9. "Jaguar" - WhatSoNot
10. "Paralyzed" -DM Galaxy featuring Tyler Fiore
11. "Colour" - Marshmello
12. "Maybe" - Carmada
13. "Off The Hook" - Hardwell and Armin van Buuren
14. "Secrets" - Tiesto, KSHMR, and VASSY
15. "Aftergold" - Big Wild
16. "On My Mind" - Don Diablo
17. "Electric Feel -Justice Remix" - MGMT and Justice
18. "Summit" - Skrillex featuring Ellie Goulding
19. "Must Stop the Feeling" - NERO
20. "Feel" - Mahmut Orhan featuring Sena Sener
21. " Daydream" - One Bit and N/A
This is one new song to listen to every day for three weeks. Hopefully listening to some of these songs will bring you in to the world of electronic dance music. If you listen to this particular list, you'll see how diverse the genre is, ranging from dubstep, trap, to chillstep music. Check it out, maybe you'll be like me and fall in love with this music, if not then that's cool too. You had a new listening experience, and that's all that matters.