17 Songs About Turning 17

17 Songs About Being 17

For all those special experiences.

203366
17 Songs About Being 17

17 is basically the perfect age; not naive at 16, yet not an adult at 18. Here are 17 songs that capture that experience. Listen along to the playlist here.

SEE MORE: 25 Hits You NO DOUBT Had On Your Middle School Playlist

1. "Seventeen" - Marina and the Diamonds

"Never felt like a princess / I used to kid myself in this dress / That it was just how things / were meant to be / Oh seventeen / Seventeen

2. "Dancing Queen" - ABBA

"You are the dancing queen / Young and sweet / Only seventeen"

3. "Strawberry Wine" - Deana Carter

"Was it really him or the loss of my innocence / I've been missing so much"

4. "Edge of Seventeen" - Stevie Nicks

"All alone on the edge of seventeen"

5. "Seventeen" - Winger

"I'm only seventeen (seventeen) / But I'll show you love like you've never seen"

6. "Anthems for a Seventeen Year Old Girl" - Broken Social Scene

"Now you're all gone / Got your make-up on / And you're not coming back"

7. "Furr" - Blitzen Trapper

"When I was only 17 / I could hear the angels whispering"

8. "Seventeen" - Alessia Cara

"I couldn't wait 'till I could be seventeen / I thought he lied when he said take my time to dream / Now I wish I could freeze the time at seventeen"

9. "At Seventeen" - Janis Ian

"I learned the truth at seventeen / That love was meant for beauty queens"

10. "Paradise By the Dashboard Light" - Meatloaf

"'Cause we were barely seventeen / And we were barely dressed"

11. "17" - Youth Lagoon

"Oh, when I was seventeen / My mother said to me / 'Don't stop imagining / The day you do that is the day you die'"

12. "Seventeen" - RAC

"When I was seventeen I knew / Just how I wanted life to be"

13. "Seventeen Ain't So Sweet" - The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

"Seventeen is just a test / Yeah and I would recommend / That you live with no regrets"

14. "Seventeen" - Jet

"We take our chances everyday / We watch those bleeding hearts decay"

15. "Let's Go" - The Cars

"And she won't give up / 'Cause she's seventeen"

16. "Seventeen" - Stone Cold Fox

"I was a happy kid when I was seventeen / I had no love to lose I pictured it in dreams"

17. "I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman" - Britney Spears

"All I need is time / A moment that is mine / While I'm in between"