Moment By Moment

Moment By Moment

“I've always believed in savoring the moments. In the end, they are the only things we'll have.”

3949
Moment By Moment
Marisa Farrelly

We go around day by day not paying attention to the moments that have passed us by. We take time for granted, never realizing just how precious it is. Until we have that moment when we understand just how much time is slipping away. It's in that moment, where we realize we need to spend time with loved ones, friends, and even our pets.

Rainy days are perfect for staying at home, watching Netflix and cuddling up in blankets with your pet. For me, I was cuddled up with my cat, her paws laying gently on the couch as I was petting her. It was at this moment where I realized we were sharing a moment that was unbreakable. No one else in the house, raining falling on the roof and many thoughts going through my mind. I would have never thought such a precious creature could give me such an eye opening moment.

My first thought was this, we don't spend quality, heartfelt time with the people we love. There may be the occasional sit down at dinner or watching a movie together in the family room but we are never in the moment. I was sitting on the couch with my cat and I just looked at her and I noticed I have never stayed in one place with her. I thought about how life will be different when she's not around. The house will be quieter than usual, there will be no occasional sprinting in the house and there will be no purrs for food. It made me cherish that moment more because who knows what's going to happen in the next few years, let alone in a day.

Just as I was sitting there, I thought about how we are given this life that is unimaginable and we take it for granted. We meet strangers at a coffee shop, we hold conversations that seem so inviting. However, we never hold those conversations with our friends or family. We all share different relationships and talk about different things to one another but we only share the deep conversations when the moment feels right.

My final thought is this, everything in life needs to be cherished. We need to tell our friends, family and loved ones just how much they mean to us. We need to live in the moment we are currently in and realize that it could slip away in just a few seconds. Just spending a few moments with my very loved cat, made me feel blessed to have such an amazing life. Life is a powerful thing that we are all given, it's up to us to make the best out of it and make it our own. I encourage everyone, even myself, to take in every moment that is given to us, even the bad ones. By taking these moments in, we learn how to overcome fears, build strong relationships with people, understand ourselves, but most importantly love the world we are placed in.