10 Things ALL Girls With Curly Hair Know To Be True

Deep down you love those feisty little ringlets.

369
pexels.com

If you have curly hair, I promise you can relate to all of these. Sure, curls seem great in theory, but they take a LOT of time, effort, and energy to make your hair look presentable. So, if you were blessed with curls, you'll understand what I'm talking about.

1. You never know what it will look like when you wake up.

Will it be flat? Will it be a frizzy afro? Will it be both? Who knows.

2. Getting up in the morning and not fixing it is not a thing.

Unless it's going up into a bun, be prepared to put in serious work to make it look halfway decent. There is no such thing as "I'll just wake up and brush it and go." See #5.

3. You feel like you fund the entire hair product industry.

You've got to have good shampoo, lots of conditioners, a little detangler here and there, and maybe even a dash of leave-in conditioner. That stuff adds up, but unless you want to walk around with a tumbleweed on your head you have to invest a little bit.

4. Straightening your hair should be an olympic event.

If you're planning on straightening the mop, you better set aside at least an hour and have incredible commitment. Once you start, you have to finish. Unless you're going for some weird half straight half curly all crazy thing.

5. Hairbrushes don't exist. 

Brushing out your curls means you'll end up with a frizzy cloud, and no one wants to walk around with a cloud for hair all day. You do not touch hairbrushes. Ever.

6. People LOVE to say "OMG I wish I had your hair!!"

Do you? Want to trade? Because I will. I promise, you'll give it back.

7. They also love to ask "Is it natural?"

Yep. Sure is. Grew it myself.

8. You always check the weather religiously.

Rain, snow, humidity, extreme heat, etc, all determine what kind of hair day you'll end up having. Humidity is also created by Satan himself. Prove me wrong.

9. Baseball caps aren't a luxury you can afford.

If you're going to wear a hat, you better have a really good reason or be ready to wear your hair in a ponytail for the rest of your life. Hat hair is real and it is not fun. Once those curls are molded to the shape of the hat, there's not much that can save them except taking a shower and starting over.

10. No matter how much you wish you could just chop it all off, you love your curls.

And if we're being real here, they love you too. Without them you wouldn't be you.

Your curls might be a hassle sometimes, but at the end of the day, they are beautiful and are a part of what makes you uniquely you. Whether you were blessed with ringlets or just waves, your curls are beautiful and there is no one else out there with hair exactly like yours, and that is your power. Sure, curls take some work, but so does anything else worth having.

From Your Site Articles
Related Articles Around the Web