Things People Say To Girls With Naturally Curly Hair

Take a look at what us curly girls deal with.

3004
GardinerSisters

I've always noticed the struggles that I have to go through with my naturally curly hair on a daily basis, but just started putting together a dialogue of things people say to girls with curls. I thought I would inform all you straight-haired chicks, what it's like for us "poodles" having to deal with some of the things you say (no offense, still love you guys). Having curly hair is a blessing in a curse so ladies with the curly hair, this one is for you hope you can relate.

1. "Is your hair like naturally like that?"

No, no it's not. I actually wake up at two in the morning everyday to curl my hair. Like let's have some common sense people. Do you actually think I would do this to my hair everyday? Dumb.

2. Winter frizz

Winter is the time for fires, hot chocolate, holidays, and oh yeah f---ing frizz. No amount of hair spray or gel will keep your curls from getting completely brittle and gross throughout the winter months.

3. "Can I touch your hair?"

WTF do you think this is? A petting zoo? No you may not now or EVER touch my hair with your fingers because honey they will get stuck in there and you will never see them again.

4. "Ugh you're so lucky, I want your hair."

Well guess what? YOU CAN'T HAVE IT. Do you understand the time and effort that goes into creating a perfect, non frizzy hair day? You do NOT want my hair.

5. "OH MY GOD, your hair looks so good straight!'

So does that mean that it looks ugly curly? Literally whenever we straighten our hair the earth stops spinning and we become the center of attention when in fact all we ever wanted was one day of frizz-free hair.

6. "You know it's raining out right?"

Yes, I am aware that it is raining and my freshly straightened hair is about to double in size in five minutes.

7. "Your hair looked so good two days ago, what happened?"

Thank you for pointing it out!!! Well ya see, curly hair girls can get away with just two days of perfect, bouncing curls before it forms into a frizz eating monster that consumes everything in its path. But yeah, thanks for pointing that out!

8. "How long does it take to get your hair like that."

A very very long time. It's a process.

9. "Do you put a lot of product in your hair."

Well I don't know, why don't you open the door under my bathroom sink and i'll come dig you out in about an hour.

10. "Why doesn't your hair look like that everyday?"

Because naturally curly hair doesn't dry the same way twice. Not ever.

11. "Just do that hairstyle you did last week."

Um yeah I wish I could, the problem is you only get one successfully good-looking bun or ponytail once in a while and it won't ever come back.

12. "Can I straighten your hair for you!!!"

YES YOU MAY AND YOU KNOW WHAT, YOU HAVE BEEN PROMOTED TO MY BEST FRIEND FOR LIFE. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.

13. "Why do you shed so much"

Well because my hair's curly and unlike you with straight hair it doesn't fall out casually throughout the day so when I run my fingers through it clumps fall out.

14. "How long does it take to straighten your hair?"

A very very long, long time.

15. "Can I brush your hair?"

Are you on drugs? No you cannot brush my hair. I rather not look like I've just been electrocuted thank you.

16. "Do you ever wish you had straight hair?"

Yeah, I mean I think we've all been there, but you also grow to love your crazy, curly hair.

17. "Did you get another haircut?"

First off I didn't get a first haircut and no, I didn't. My hair just looks short because it curled a different way today.

18. "Your hair is like a lion's mane."

Thank you?

19. "Why is that piece of your hair straight? So you don't really have naturally curly hair?"

Seriously? I don't know why one piece of my hair didn't curl today, I'm sorry that it offended you, but no my hair is curly. I love the people who try to bust us for faking our curls.

20. "Just throw on a baseball hat"

With curly hair there is absolutely no "just throw on" anything. Especially a baseball hat that makes it look like an ungodly amount of hair has been smothered under my lack of dedication to get ready.

Well there it is ladies. Just some of the things that we get asked or told on the daily. Hope you guys can relate and remember, curly hair rules.