6 Things All Curly Haired Girls Know To Be True
Beauty Fashion

6 Things All Curly Haired Girls Know Are True, Because Yes, This Is Our Natural Hair

Having this hair is a struggle.

42
curly haired girl

Most people nowadays are amused by curly hair, which is a good thing because it was not always that way. Despite this, there are many struggles with curly hair I feel called to bring to light.

1. You can't wait too long to style your hair after the shower.

If you do, you will no longer have hair, but a mane. There are no limits to the frizz that ensues.

2. You are scared of heat styling.

Most people would assume this is due to the heat damage, which is also a problem, but personally, I dread having to straighten my hair because it takes 5-EVER. Washing, blow-drying, and straightening take no less than 2.5 hours. No thank you. Y'ALL BETTER APPRECIATE WHEN A CURLY GIRL STRAIGHTENS HER HAIR AND BE HANDING OUT COMPLIMENTS LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW BECAUSE THAT TOOK HALF OF HER DAY. Thank you for your compliance.

3. People want to pull your curls to see them spring back.

"OMG it's so springy!" Yes, I understand. Please. It's going to get frizzy if you keep putting your fingers through it, MA'AM. I'm already struggling to keep it under control as it is.

4. Humidity is literally the 11th plague.

No matter how much time or product goes in your hair, the minute you step out into a rainy/humid day, say BYE to any hope of a good hair day.

5. The matted monster at the bottom of your head that enlarges the longer you don't wash your hair.

This is when you realize you are about to lose 3/4 of your hair mass when you detangle. Good times.

6. When people with straight hair complain about their "curly and frizzy" hair.

"OMG, my hair is so curly and frizzy OMG ugh." Listen, HONEY, those are waves, if anything. Look at the mop on top of my head then talk. Thanks :)

At the end of the day though I love having curly hair (on the days it behaves) because it's beautiful in its own way. Werrrk it, girl!!!