13 Reasons Curly Hair Is The Best

13 Reasons Curly Hair Is The Best

I'll try not to be too sarcastic

1021
13 Reasons Curly Hair Is The Best
i.ytimg.com

I've had a theory for most of my life that people never like the kind of hair that ends up on their own head. Every straight-haired girl I know has wished for more body to her hair, and likewise I have spent some time coveting my straight-haired friends' locks. With what I've always considered to be too much effort, we can change the appearance of our hair, but we can't change what grows out of our heads. Eventually, we all just have to learn to embrace it. There are good and bad things about every hair type, and what follows are those that ring true for curly-headed girls.

1. Curly hair hides a multitude of sins.

Were you feeling short on cash so decided to trim your hair yourself only to have it turn out a little lopsided? When your hair is curly, no one will know the difference.

2. But finding a hair stylist who can cut your hair half-way decently is still a pain in the butt.

I don't know a single curly-haired woman who doesn't have trust issues when it comes to hair stylists.

3. You can follow the same routine day in and day out and your hair will still look slightly different every time.

I guess you could say it keeps life an adventure??

4. Curly hair grows in the humidity!

Puff levels are high basically every day during the hot part of the year.

5. You'll never stop getting asked if it's natural.

If I had a dollar for every time someone asked if my curls were natural, I wouldn't need a second job this summer.

6. And when you tell them yes, people are always jealous.

*Tosses curly locks and smiles*

7. But you know having curly hair is a double-edged sword.

The people who are jealous of your hair only ever see the finished product. You know how much work it takes to keep curly hair looking nice.

8. You don't always need to brush or comb it.

In fact, there's no quicker way to ruin natural curls than to brush them after they're dry. And if you do so regularly, it will really damage your hair. Found that out the hard way.

9. But even when your hair is short, you can't go without the conditioner.

I have a pixie cut and I still use more conditioner than shampoo.

10. Speaking of short, you spend literal months deliberating before making any change to your hair at all.

Your distrust of hair stylists combined with the fact that you actually have no idea what your hair is going to do in any other style than the one you've always had give every haircut the possibility of being the worst decision you ever made.

11. You basically need to take a course in how to keep your hair looking nice.

Washing it with shampoo and conditioner every other day and brushing it every morning doesn't guarantee curly hair success. Someone has to teach you how to manage your specific kind of curls or you will be kinda funny looking until you discover the gift to humanity that is Pinterest (once again speaking from unfortunate personal experience).

12. Your hair is easy to style.

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F07%2F01%2F636344762489345983-836387902_12-messy-loose-updo-with-two-braids.jpg%3Fresize%3D500%252C518%26ssl%3D1&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=551&h=eaef80928a0a11524f554eb4f658100137dab1f12d0d1327c0a4c6e6ce7e3289&size=980x&c=852839670 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2017%252F07%252F01%252F636344762489345983-836387902_12-messy-loose-updo-with-two-braids.jpg%253Fresize%253D500%25252C518%2526ssl%253D1%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D551%26h%3Deaef80928a0a11524f554eb4f658100137dab1f12d0d1327c0a4c6e6ce7e3289%26size%3D980x%26c%3D852839670%22%7D" expand=1 original_size="1x1"]

So what if bobby pins get lost in it? You still only need about a quarter as many as straight-haired girls, and you can put your hair up once and know it isn't going anywhere all day or all night.

13. Your hair is your defining feature.

I don't know when it got decided that having curly hair meant people didn't have to learn your name since they could just identify you as "the curly-haired girl," but, girl, you just have to embrace it.