We all scroll through the radio stations in the car every once in a while, whether its because we lost signal to our favorite one or we are just bored with the same ol' songs every day. You know when you're going through and you hear a song where you're just like "I forgot this existed!" and before you know it, you're singing every word? Yeah, me too. Like, 95% of the time. If you're like me and LOVE some good throwback music, here's a list of songs from every genre that have gotten lost in time, but never truly forgotten (all gifs from Giphy).
1. "Big Pimpin'" - Jay-Z ft. UGK
Jay-Z gives us a ballad about, you guessed it, pimpin' big in NYC. Jay-Z's rhymes paired with that catchy beat is just bound to get stuck in your head for the rest of the night.
2. "Mr. Brightside" - The Killers
If you say that you don't know any of the words to this song, you're the worst kind of person... a liar. This classic has left stamps of its lyrics on 99% of the population, and has a forever spot in my soul.
3. "Lose Yourself" - Eminem
This song always leaves me feeling like I could sign a record deal and launch my career as a rap/hip-hop legend... and craving spaghetti.
4. "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue (The Angry American) - Toby Keith
A ballad for the ages that brings the overly patriotic American badass out of all of us.
5. "Drop It Like It's Hot" - Snoop Dogg ft. Pharrell Williams
6. "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" - Green Day
This song makes me want to walk down a lonely road, preferably a dark one, and reflect on all of my life choices. Nevertheless, it's still a fantastic song.
7. "My Boo" - Ghost Town DJs
The "running man" has brought this one back, and I couldn't be happier.
8. "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" - Panic! At The Disco
If your friends don't "chime in" by screaming the chorus at the top of their lungs in the car with you, it's time to leave them there and find new friends. Also, did anyone ever tell the groom what his bride has been up to?
9. "Semi-Charmed Life" - Third Eye Blind
A life anthem for all of us. Third Eye Blind has recently released another album. My inner child is tingling.
10. "Baby Got Back" - Sir Mix A Lot
Nicki Minaj sampled this in her song "Anaconda" in 2014. Take a minute to realize that some people have heard that, but not the REAL jam that the sample came from. Now, cry.
11. "Sk8er Boi" - Avril Lavigne
Sk8er boi, you would be good enough for me. It's what's on the inside that counts.
12. "Milkshake" - Kelis
It's day 4. The milkshake is curdled in the yard. There are still no boys to be found.
13. "Get Low" - Lil Jon ft. Ying Yang Twinz
The real question is which version is better: Lil Jon's or Sandra Bullock's?
14. "Hey Ya!" - Outkast
You've heard the song, but have you ever really listened to or analyzed the lyrics that you knew by heart by the age of 10? Do it.
15. "Check Yes Or No" - George Strait
You don't have to be a country lover to know this song. My hardcore rocker/screamo friend even knows the chorus. Don't try and tell me you don't. I don't like liars.
16. "Ride Wit Me" - Nelly
"Ayyyyye, must be the monaaayyy!" - frequently screamed lyric
17. "Hollaback Girl" - Gwen Stefani
This song made all of the shit B-A-N-A-N-A-S when it came on. Still does.
18. "I'm Like A Bird" - Nelly Furtado
If "Whoa, Nelly!" wasn't the album of your childhood, you may want to have a conversation with your parents. Another great product from this album was "Turn Off The Light", both of which were top 10 hits.
19. "Pony" - Ginuwine
Even though I can't hear this song without seeing Channing Tatum's half naked body in my mind, it's still one of my favorite songs to hear. Instant day brightener when I hear that funky beat at the beginning.
20. "U Got It Bad" - Usher
Usher made me fall in love with a person I met at the grocery store with this one. Beautiful lyrics, beautifully sung.
21. "Cleanin' Out My Closet" - Eminem
As sad as these lyrics are, Eminem really hit this one out of the park.
22. "Poison" - Bel Biv Devoe
Why would you kiss her if she is poison? That just doesn't sound very smart,
23. "Gangstas Paradise" - Coolio
10/10 would recommend listening to Weird Al's parody of this song.
24. "No Diggity" - Blackstreet ft. Dr. Dre and Queen Pen
As great as Anna Kendrick is at rapping this song, nothing tops the original.
25. "No Scrubs" - TLC
This song has had some girls accepting nothing less than the best since its release in 1999.
26. "Gin & Juice" - Snoop Dogg
Snoop D-O-double G cranked this bad boy out in 1993, before I was born. Regardless, I still know every word.
27. "It Was A Good Day" - Ice Cube
The first time I heard this may have been on Grand Theft Auto, but that doesn't mean that it isn't a great song.
28. "What's Your Fantasy" - Ludacris
Another song that I knew most of the lyrics to that I probably shouldn't have at a young age.
29. "Thriller" - Michael Jackson
Dubbed as the "King of Pop," MJ was a hero to many. Despite some allegations made against him, his records continue to sell and be listened to across the world.
30. "Wannabe" - Spice Girls
The Spice Girls gave their men some basic guidelines in this staple song from the 90's. If you know the story from A-Z, you are probably a lyrical genius.
31. "It Wasn't Me" - Shaggy
Bro, she caught you in the action. It was probably most definitely you.
32. "Everybody (Backstreets Back)" - Backstreet Boys
They really were back, and we all wish they had stayed.
33. "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing" - Aerosmith
If anyone every legitimately sings this to me, I WILL cry.
34. "Welcome to the Black Parade" - My Chemical Romance
Nostalgia. Nostalgia everywhere.
35. "Misery Business" - Paramore
I can't tell if I want to be Hayley Williams or be ON Hayley Williams. I'd be okay with either. #girlcrush
36. "Steal My Sunshine" - Len
This feel good song makes me want to rip open a popsicle and ride my bicycle around town.
37. "Fly" - Sugar Ray
As repetitive as this is, this song will never get old.
38. "Waiting on the World to Change" - John Mayer
Yes John, we're still waiting too.
39. "Song 2" - Blur
40. "Buddy Holly" - Weezer
Weezer may have hated this song, but we are glad they recorded it.
41. "Wonderwall" - Oasis
I think millennials were born knowing the lyrics to this song.
42. "Sweet Caroline" - Neil Diamond
BA BA BAAAAAAA!
43. "No Rain" - Blind Melon
Maybe it's just me who is obsessed with this song, but if you haven't heard it, I highly recommend.
44. "Champagne Supernova" - Oasis
Another song that I truly believe that millennials were born knowing the lyrics to. Coincidence that they are both by Oasis?
45. "99 Problems" - Jay-Z
I have 99 problems, and this playlist solves all of them.
- 40 Throwback Songs You Forgot You Love ›
- 10 Throw-Back Songs You Almost Forgot About ›
- 58 Throwback Songs You Forgot About ›
- 45 Throwback Songs You Forgot About ›
- 17 Songs You Forgot Existed From The Early 2010s ›
- The 15 Best Throwback Disney Channel Songs You Probably Forgot About ›
- 100 Songs You Forgot About ›
- "Forgotten but not gone" Great songs that we just simply forgot about ... ›
- 22 Best '90s Songs You Forgot Existed - Nostalgic Nineties Music ... ›
- Classic Rock Songs You Forgot About - Best 50 Rock Songs Of All ... ›
- Great songs that have been forgotten over the years? : r/Music ›
- 30 Songs You Forgot About From The 2000s ›
- Amazing THROWBACK songs to take you down memory lane ›
- Songs You Forgot You Loved Playlist - Music That Makes You Feel ... ›