As the beginning of November is underway, we start to see ads and posts about the Christmas season everywhere we turn, and there are two types of people during this time of year: those who love it and those who hate it. I, however, am one of those people who, when the clock strikes midnight on Halloween, flips a switch in her brain and completely transitions over to Christmas mode.
Whichever type of person you are, neither is right or wrong. Nonetheless, I often hear the same repeated reasons why you shouldn't celebrate Christmas so soon. But for all the reasons people give for why we shouldn't be celebrating Christmas early, there are just as many (if not, more) reasons why we should be.
Let me enlighten you.
"It's too early." Oh boy, I could write a novel on contradicting this point alone. There is so much that goes into this time of year - from checking off the names of everyone in your family (and extended family, and friends, and pets... and friend's pets) on the gift shopping list to decorating your home to be picture-perfect for the big day, the more time, the merrier. As a Christmas fanatic, I know that as much as I love the holiday season, it can also be the most stressful time of the year, so why not take advantage of a few extra weeks so we can actually focus on the joyful parts of the season rather than only being bombarded by the more strenuous ones.
"You are ignoring Thanksgiving." A huge misconception that I hear often is that by celebrating Christmas at the start of November, we are "neglecting" Thanksgiving. Now I may be biased given my overzealous holiday cheer, but I disagree. Jumping right into Christmas-mode does not mean that I don't enjoy the other holidays like Halloween or Thanksgiving, in fact, those two holidays along with Christmas are my top three favorites. To me, Thanksgiving is a part of the Christmas season. Spending time with my loved ones is a huge part of the holidays, and it also just so happens to be a huge part of Thanksgiving, so including it as a part of the magic of Christmas makes all the sense in the world.
"Christmas feels less special if we spend two whole months celebrating it." If it truly is "the most wonderful time of the year," why shouldn't we celebrate it for more than just a few weeks in December? Every year it feels like all I have to do is blink, and by the time my eyes are open again the Christmas season has come and gone. By embracing the joy of the season early, you are given the chance to take a step back and carry out the things that truly bring in the spirit of the season - because let's face it, we all get tangled up in the webs of our own lives from time to time and sometimes we miss out on the little things that truly make this time of year magical like taking the time to admire a light display or enjoying a Christmas tradition, old or new.
So whether you think that Christmas begins at the first stroke of midnight on November first, or not until the night that Santa comes down the chimney, the bottom line is, enjoy this holiday season in whichever way you choose - but don't dull my early Christmas cheer!
- People Celebrate Christmas Too Early ›
- starting Christmas early ›
- 13 Reasons To Get Your Christmas Shopping Done EARLY ›
- Christmas Needs To Stop Stealing The Spotlight So Dang Early ›
- When Is Too Early For Christmas Festivities? ›
- Why November Isn't Too Early For Some Christmas Spirit ›
- Why It Is Okay To Celebrate Christmas Early ›
- In Defense Of Early Christmas Decorating ›
- Is It Too Early For The Christmas Spirit? ›
- 5 Christmas Songs That Offend America ›
- 19 Of The Best And Worst Rankin Bass Christmas Movies ›
- Why Christmas Music Is The Worst ›
- 15 Reasons Christmas Absolutely MUST Start In November, If Not ... ›
- When Is It OK To Start Getting In The Christmas Spirit? ›
- 40 Christmas Songs For The Ultimate Millennial Christmas Playlist ›
- Why I Listen To Christmas Music In March ›
- 25 Reasons Christmas Is The Best Holiday ›
- Christmas Has Become Too Commercialized And It's Time To Get ... ›
- Putting Christmas decorations up early makes you happier ... ›
- Christmas Decorating Earlier Makes You Happier | POPSUGAR ... ›
- Early Christmas decorating is good for you: study ›
- Decorating for Christmas early makes you happier, science says ›
- Early, Early Christmas Fair – ABF The Soldier's Charity ›
- Celebrate Christmas Early | Food | M&S ›
- It's Never Too Early for Christmas Decorations | Better Homes ... ›
- Christmas - Wikipedia ›