Why Christmas Music Is The Worst

Why Christmas Music Is The Worst

They're the same songs, literally the exact same year after year.

505
Why Christmas Music Is The Worst

They're the songs our parents watched us sing year after year at holiday concerts. The melodies that take over radio stations in December. The tunes that we all know far too well, and here's why they need to stop.

Sure, we all giggled a little at "Don we now our gay apparel" in "Deck the Halls" the FIRST time, but what does Christmas music really have to offer any of us at this point?

They're the same songs, literally the exact same year after year. It's like that one song that you really really liked at one point, so you listened to it on repeat for weeks straight and then eventually hated, except you can't avoid Christmas music.

I swear to god they pump that shit through every available speaker during Christmas time. I can't even enjoy shopping in December and not because of the frantic Christmas shoppers, but because of the hour loop of "Jingle Bells" playing in the background.

Road trips to grandma's house turn into a scene straight out of "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" (and you can believe that I'm the teenage daughter rolling her eyes in the backseat).

Year after year I hear, "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire" and question why no one in the world has thought to make a new Christmas song. I mean does a holiday really need its own genre of music?

I'm not sure if the songs themselves are bad or if the fact that they're forced on us makes them bad, but they're not good.

So here's to egg nog, sugar cookies and everything good about Christmas. May we all avoid "White Christmas" for as long as we can.