"You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anyone." -Maya Angelou
Life is hard. There is no sugar-coating the basic fact when we all know it is true. But it's okay. It is okay because every person around you knows that not every day is perfect. There will be days or weeks or months when it feels like nothing is going right and nothing ever will. You have to realize that this too is a phase.
Think of a time where you felt as though that time of your life would never pass, as though you were going to feel that way forever. It could be the passing of a loved one, a tough break-up, or just a time when you were stuck in a rut for what seemed like no reason at all. That time has passed, and what did you learn? To appreciate each day a little more? That you actually deserve a partner who cares about you? That sometimes you just have to keep telling yourself it's going to be a good day until it finally is?
There is no point in letting yourself get bogged down; every problem has a solution. Every challenge has a lesson. I've thought of a million cliches while writing this, and I realize how accurate they are. They say that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and I am a firm believer in that. I have learned the most about myself in the times I felt the worst, in the times where I felt as though things would never get better.
A lot of the time it seems like everyone around us is living a perfect life and never has any troubles and never feels insecure or unworthy. That could not be further from the truth. Take the time to actually get to know the people around you. Listen to their hardships and their struggles and share yours with them. Your problems are not worse than theirs and vice-versa. Personal problems do not get ranked on a definitive scale. Your problems are yours. Your friend's problems are theirs. Just be supportive and offer a helping hand along the way.
We do not live perfect lives, and there is no reason that we should expect that to start happening out of the blue. It's up to us to make the most of our situations, regardless of how difficult that can seem sometimes. Sometimes all it takes is to just take a step back, think about what YOU can do to fix things, and do it.
Am I telling you anything you don't already know? Absolutely not. I just want to remind you that things get better. It is okay to talk to people. Your friends, your family, everyone cares about you. Regardless of the situation, regardless of how terrible things may seem right now, those who care about you would rather find a way to help you than lose you.
- It's Okay If You're Not Perfect ›
- It's Okay To Live An Average Life ›
- When Rape Is Okay ›
- Why It's 1000 Percent Okay To Change Your Major In College ›
- 10 Times It's Totally Okay To Drive Drunk On New Year's ›
- Why Change is Okay ›
- Why It Is Okay To Cut Toxic People Out Of Your Life ›
- Why It's Okay To Feel: The Truth About Emotions ›
- It's Not Okay To 'Treat Yo Self' Whenever You Feel Like It ›
- I Am Not A Feminist, And That Is Okay ›
- No, It's Not Okay To Mispronounce My Name ›
- No, It's Not Okay To Say The "R-Word" ›
- What Happened to Lesandro "Junior" Guzman-Feliz Is not Okay ›
- 10 Reasons Why Cheating Is Never OK ›
- Rape Culture Victimizes Abusers And That's Not Okay ›
- It's OK To Say 'I'm Not OK' ›
- 6 Things To Know If You're Not Okay ›
- I'm Not Okay, I'm Depressed ›
- This is not a hoax, and things are not okay - The Washington Post ›
- Everything's Not O.K. | By Nick Boynton ›
- Not Okay by SOPHIE | SOPHIE | Free Listening on SoundCloud ›
- One Tweet Unleashes A Torrent Of Stories Of Sexual Assault : The ... ›
- My Chemical Romance – I'm Not Okay (I Promise) Lyrics | Genius ... ›
- I'm Not Okay (I Promise) - Wikipedia ›
- #NOTokay ›
- I'm Not Okay (I Promise) - YouTube ›
- #notokay hashtag on Twitter ›
- My Chemical Romance - "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)" [Dialogue/MTV ... ›