If You Could See Yourself The Way I See You

If I could give you one thing, I would give you my eyes for just one day.

25292

I wish you saw yourself the way I see you. Strong. Determined. Brave. Hardworking. Loving. Funny. Compassionate. Caring. I wish you had the ability to see how much good I see in you - how much potential - how much drive. I wish more than anything that I could make you see how wonderfully made you are and how much good you possess.

I wish you knew how much my heartaches to hear you talk so negatively about yourself. If you only knew how hard it is to hear you constantly put yourself down and lower yourself worth. I wish you knew how hard it is to watch you waste your life because you don't think you are good enough or you know you will never amount to anything. I wish I could hug you until you realize just how loved you are.

You mean more to me than you will ever know and more than I will ever be able to explain. I value you in more ways than one and everyday I am thankful that I get to live life with you. Everyday I am reminded that out of the hardest and most difficult situations, the human spirit can begin again. You encourage me everyday to use my ashes to rebuild and recreate myself.

If you could see yourself through my eyes than you would see someone who is kind. If you could see yourself through my eyes than you would see someone who is loving. If you could see yourself through my eyes than you would see someone who is brave. If you could see yourself through my eyes than you would see someone who is more hardworking than anyone I have ever met.

Everyday I wish that I could only make you see just how incredible of a person you are. Everyday I wish that I could show you and make you feel just how loved you are. Through your experiences, both good and bad, you have taught me more about life than anyone I have ever met before. You have taught me that despite our circumstances, our upsets and our successes, we can continue. You have taught me that in the face of absolute desolation and heartbreak, we can pick up the pieces and keep going- no matter how impossible it seems. You have taught me that even when everything seems to be going great, we need to be proud of our accomplishments, but acknowledge that life isn't always going to be this sweet, so we need to remain humble and hopeful.

If for one day you could see yourself through my eyes, than you would truly see the incredible, hardworking and resilient person you are. You would see someone who has withstood more pain and heartbreak than most, but you would also see someone that gathered his broken pieces and kept going. You would see someone that lives with the scars that life has inflicted upon him, but continues to fight on when most would have given up.

If I could give you one thing, I would give you my eyes for just one day. Then, you would be able to see the amazing person I see everyday.