Why Change is Okay

Why Change is Okay

"Change is hard at first, messy in the middle, and gorgeous at the end" -Robin Sharma

452
Why Change is Okay

If you're anything like me, you're someone who craves stability. You find life much easier to handle when you have a solid group of friends, a steady job, and a reliable family. If you could have it your way, you wouldn't leave this stable life. And if something is going to change, you would like a heads up so you can figure out how to deal with it.

But unfortunately, life doesn't work that way. Life doesn't always give you a "heads up" that you're about to lose someone or something special. And when change occurs suddenly, the only power we have is to learn how to cope with this change and adapt to a new normal. Some situations may be harder than others, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't accept the change for what it is. So we could sit here and dwell and worry about how our lives are changing and things might never be the same, or we could and should accept this change and embrace whatever it is life has in store for us.

Change is constantly occurring whether we choose to notice or not. It is change that brought us here today and made us who we are. Without change, we would never evolve. Accept change for what it is and trust the process of life. While not all change comes easy, it is an inevitable factor in life. Your life is dramatically different than it was ten years ago, and it will change again in another ten years. Nothing in life ever stays the same. Finding a new normal could be hard when life poses a major change or crisis. Often, there isn't much we can do except for trust that there will be good and trust that you will adapt and find happiness in whatever your new normal may be.

And of course, not all change is bad. Although a major change might seem scary like starting at a new school or a new job, a lot of the times it's rewarding. We meet tons of new people and are opened up to so many new opportunities that only change our lives for the better. Without change, whether it be good or bad, our life would be missing one very important factor: excitement. And while I understand the comfort of stability, a change every here and there while might be inevitable, might also be beneficial. A life without change is boring and doesn't allow room for you to grow. Accept each change as an opportunity to broaden your horizons and to allow you to grow as a person.