According to the NHL Players' Association, they will be resuming the season to finish by early autumn by jumping straight into the playoffs with proposed best-of-5 qualifying rounds for a playoff berth, for a 24 team playoff bracket. Now, this raises a lot of questions.
Given that the season was cut short and these playoffs are bound to be wonky since the league has never done anything like this before, how is this going to affect the timeline of the next 2020-21 season and particularly prospect picks in the upcoming draft? Additionally, what measures are going to be taken to ensure player, faculty, and fan safety? A lot of questions, and not much to go off of what we've heard so far.
We'll wait to see what's more to come, but just some good news for now.
- Why You Should Be Playing Roller Hockey ›
- 10 Things Every Hockey Players Knows To be True ›
- Why the Miracle on Ice Was More Than a Hockey Game ›
- How To Hockey If You Don't Know How To Hockey ›
- 15 Things All Girls Who Played On Boys' Hockey Teams Have ... ›
- 15 Reasons To Be Addicted To Hockey ›
- Key Things to Know if You're a Newbie to Watching Field Hockey ›
- Struggles Of A Field Hockey Player ›
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Watch Hockey ›
- Hockey In The South ›