A Review Of Jane Fonda's 'Book Club'

I saw this movie in theaters July 10th, with my mom and honestly loved the movie. Being that I just started my twenties, and am already worried about not living my life to the fullest I can, I realized it doesn't matter as much as I made it out to be. The movie really helped me cope with the fact, that we all get old and we can have fun, adventure, and experience new things at any age, and these women and their characters truly are a test that age is just a number.

As a huge fan of Netflix's "Grace & Frankie," I already loved the humor style of the show and couldn't wait to experience that in "Book Club." As I was super excited about the movie, I was also quite worried that the movie was going to be for a much older group, but to my surprise, it was actually quite relatable. From the drama with friends, trouble with relationships, new adventures, and trying to stay healthy while dealing with so much stress, and eventually just turning to wine and ice cream.

This group of girls truly can relate to every girl gange. You have the never aging Jane Fonda playing the wild and adventurous one always getting people into mischief and drags the girls with them, while unable to settle down into an obviously great relationship, with a wonderful man who has loved her and she secretly has loved for 40 years. There's Diane Keaton, who plays the recent widow, that is ready to move on but being held back by her two daughter who thinks she's too old and frail, but secretly sneaks around to be with her fancy-schmancy boy toy.

It's like that one friend who everyone thinks is the quite, shy one but once you get her out of her bubble she lives the most unexpected adventure of them all. Candice Bergen plays the role of a very old-fashioned woman who believes she's too old to be reading Christian Gray, doesn't believe in dating apps, still stuck on a past relationship, and kind of let herself go with age (obviously only the character, because she still looks great), but slowly with the help of her friends and Mr. Gray becomes a friend to the new changing times. Lastly, Mary Steenburgen is in a relationship that like them, has succumbed to the process of aging and has well fizzled out, but with the help of the steamy "Fifty Shades," she awkwardly tries to bring the naughtiness of "Fifty Shades" to her romance, but with a clueless husband she just gets herself into some bizarre mischief and last-resort trouble.

Although watching this with my mom was awesome, this is the perfect movie night with your best gals and your best wine that will leave you with plenty of laughs and hope for future aging adventures.

From Your Site Articles
Related Articles Around the Web