20 Inspirational Rock Lyrics That Speak to You

Inspirational Rock Lyrics: 20 Empowering Lines To Live By

For those about to rock, we salute you.

77208
Logos for classic rock bands, all known for inspirational lyrics

I grew up listening to classic rock, something I incredibly thankful for. The amazing songs that make up this genre, with their great beats and moving melodies, are just one of those "feel good" things in the world. Not only that, they've got the power to bring people with a shared appreciation and shared nostalgia. But what do I think is one of the biggest things that make these songs so great? The lyrics. Not only are these lyrics fun to sing (or scream at the top of your lungs, which is my personal preference), the majority of them have deep meaning. Here are 20 classic rock lyrics that anyone can use to cheer them up, inspire them, or advise them when they don't know where to go or what to do.

Wayne's World characters enjoy classic rock

1. "Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy" - Take It Easy, The Eagles

2. "It's only right that you should play the way you feel it" - Dreams, Fleetwood Mac

3. "One of these mornings you're gonna rise up singing, you're gonna spread your wings, child, and take to the sky" - Summertime, Janis Joplin

4. "Don't you know that you are a shooting star, and all the world will love you just as long as you are" - Shooting Star, Bad Company

5. "You've got to roll with the punches to get to what's real" - Jump, Van Halen

6. "But if this ever-changing world in which we're living makes you give in and cry, say live and let die" - Live and Let Die, Paul McCartney and Wings

7. "I never lost one minute of sleepin' worryin' about the way that things might have been" - Proud Mary, Creedence Clearwater Revival

8. "Forget your lust for the rich man's gold. All you need is in your soul" Simple Man, Lynyrd Skynyrd

9. "Maybe it's not too late to learn how to love and forget how to hate" - Crazy Train, Ozzy Osbourne

10. "Don't stop believin', hold onto that feeling" - Don't Stop Believin', Journey

11. "Dream until your dreams come true" - Dream On, Aerosmith

12. "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes well you just might find you get what you need" - You Can't Always Get What You Want, The Rolling Stones

13. " I want you to know I believe in your song" - Give Me The Beat Boys, The Doobie Brothers

14. "Take the world in a love embrace" - Born to Be Wild, Steppenwolf

15. "Don't carry the world upon your shoulders, for well you know it's a fool who plays it cool by making his world a little colder" - Hey Jude, The Beatles

16. "Just hold on loosely, but don't let go. If you cling too tightly you're gonna lose control" - Hold On Loosely, 38 Special

17. "Ya gotta keep pushin' for the fortune and fame" - Welcome to the Jungle, Guns N Roses

18. "Love isn't always on time" - Hold the Line, Toto

19. "We've got to hold onto what we've got 'cause it doesn't make a difference if we make it or not" - Livin' on a Prayer, Bon Jovi

20. "Everybody's got a reason to live, baby, everybody's got a dream and a hunger inside" - Reason to Live, Kiss