Sorry, Oprah. My Book Club Is Better.

Sorry, Oprah. My Book Club Is Better.

But I still love you.

584
Sorry, Oprah. My Book Club Is Better.

So you know what I love?

Books. Reading. The whole nine.

I rarely have the time to do so, but when you read books by Lisa Jackson, you can definitely make the time. During a lunch break, on the way to work...it's possible. Lucky for me, I have a friend that enjoys reading just as much as I do. So what did we create....?

Our very own two-person book club! And surprisingly, it works. I've been on a Lisa Jackson kick for about a year now, and that high is still going very strongly. If you haven't read anything by her, drop everything you're doing right now and go buy one of her books. It doesn't matter which one it is, just buy ANY book by her and you'll be satisfied.

I don't want to give too much away so you can be properly awed by her books, but I will say this. If you like murder-mystery stories and stories where you think you know who the killer is and are almost always 97% wrong by the end of the book, then Lisa Jackson is the author for you.

And if you're anything like my friend and me, you don't need seven or eight people to be a part of a book club. Two is a good enough number.

We both buy the books and then we switch as necessary. Now, we're currently reading a series, and the only bad thing is when one of us finishes the series and the other is still clueless and we have to try our hardest to not ruin it for the other person. It's quite the task.

So get to it.

Find yourself a friend that loves to read. Buy two books and let it expand from there. Trust me when I say it will be the best decision you've made in a while.

Sorry, Oprah. I think I just one-upped you.