The Best And The Worst of Paris Fashion Week Fall 2017

Here are eight of the most iconic looks seen on and off of the runway in Paris during the fall 2017 fashion week.

250
Vanity Fair

With Fashion Week in Paris, one of the top fashion capitals in the world, coming to an end this week, there were distinct highlights and lowlights.

The global fall fashion week showcased bold new fashion statements for the 2018 winter and spring seasons.

From cheetah print to platform crocs, here are the top eight unique looks we saw off and on the runway.

1. Animal Print

Fashion week in Paris was quite animalistic this fall. With fashion veterans like Jane Fonda and streetwalkers wearing the mock patterns, PFW proved that this versatile pattern can be worn both on and off the runway.

Final consensus: Best list

2. Thigh-High Boots

Deep breaths… the thigh-high boot trend is here to stay. According to modern fashion industry icons such as models like Romee Strijd and Emily Ratajkowski, sporting thigh-high boots in one of the fashion capitals of the world is more than acceptable. They also showed that experimenting with color, such as bright red, is not an issue.

Final consensus: Best list

3. Plastic Wrapped Shoes

Top couture brands like Chanel and celebrities like Naomi Campbell modeled these interesting shoes. From boots to heels, anything can be wrapped in plastic. This is definitely one of the more bizarre trends seen at the fall PFW.

Final consensus: Worst List

4. The Newsboy Hat

Fashion icons like Karlie Kloss and Hailey Baldwin sported the newsboy hat trend this PFW. Fall Paris Fashion Week showed the reality of the fashion zeitgeist, recycling older trends and creating a modern spin on them.

Final consensus: Best list

5. Platform Crocs

Why buy crocs when you can buy platform crocs? Fashion label Balenciaga sent their models down the runway wearing these shoes, a unique spin on the revolutionary rubber-like shoe.

Final consensus: Worst list

6. Pink, Pink, & Pink

Pastels, roses, magentas, corals. Name the shade of pink, PFW 2017 had it. This makes the good list. Both street-walkers and runway-walkers showed that pink will always be a brilliant choice. Paris Fashion Week goers were looking pretty in pink this fall.

Final consensus: Best list

7. Elf Shoes

I was always jealous of the shoe game that my family's Elf on the Shelf had. This is one of the more questionable looks seen during the fall PFW. This controversial trend at PFW 2017 takes a unique perspective on the classic sneaker. Will these make your x-mas list this year?

Final consensus: Worst list

8. Polka Dots

This flattering pattern was prevalent on the streets of Paris. The cute and classic polka dot can also be worn with mismatched patterns for an edgier look.

Final consensus: Best list

I would like to add that fashion is undeniably an essential piece of our culture. Fashion is historical, culturally/self-expressive, and brings cultures from all over the world together.

With the political storm that has been sweeping our nation recently, events like fall fashion week can act as a form of entertainment in a time of sorrow and distress.