Jane Seymour Fonda: actress, writer, political activist, two-time Academy Award winner, two-time BAFTA Award winner, recipient of the American Film Institute AFI Life Achievement Award, and traitor of the United States of America.

In 1999, Barbara Walters had named her one of the honorees of her TV special "A Celebration: 100 Years of Great Women." Despite popular belief, President Obama had not given her this title; in fact, this rumor began right around the time Walter's special had aired. With that said, this kind of positive attention has done nothing but overshadow the traitorous acts Fonda committed against her country and its soldiers.

Google her name and you'll mostly find a list of her crowning achievements in the media, as well as her workout videos and outspokenness. If her monumental failure is referenced at all, she is merely called an "anti-war protester."

Let me introduce you to the person behind the Hollywood haze.

"Hanoi Jane" Fonda earned her title after aiding and abetting the enemy. Hanoi is the capital of Vietnam, the country Fonda helped betray the United States.

She first began her political activism career in a peaceful manner, leading marches and handing out leaflets. She would regularly talk to GI's in an attempt to promote pacifism over violence. Fonda strongly believed the military had too high a tolerance for violence.

Eventually, she was arrested for her protests, but it wasn't until she travelled to Hanoi in 1972 that the public started to turn on her.

During that time, comedian Bob Hope had organized a show for the army to bolster their morale. In response, Fonda decided to do an "anti-USO" show called FTA, or, Free the Army. Nobody was fooled though; it actually stood for "F-- the Army."

When Fonda was invited to visit North Vietnam, she took advantage of the opportunity. She visited a site where there had been implications of American bombings, bombings that the U.S. denied taking place. She went on Vietnamese radio and begged the U.S. pilots to cease the bombings.

Aside from these inappropriate radio addresses in enemy territory, Fonda did the unthinkable: She turned her back on American soldiers.

In the Vietnamese capital, she had the opportunity to meet seven U.S. Prisoners of War (POW). The anticipation of an American ambassador gave the soldiers hope for freedom; they had been there too long. They were being starved and tortured and had feared they would never be released, especially under Nixon's term. They decided they would each write their Social Security numbers on small slips of paper.

The Vietnamese cleaned them up so they would appear healthy for both Fonda and the cameras. They lined the prisoners up to meet the actress. As each soldier shook her hand, they slipped their papers into hers, feeling hope as she took them in.

The minute the cameras turned off, however, Fonda handed the slips of paper to the North Vietnamese general nearest her.

This stark betrayal led to the torture of the soldiers, who had put their lives on the line for her trust. She went on to call our soldiers baby-killers and murderers. Although she never divulged military secrets to the North Vietnamese, it can still be argued that she gave aid and comfort to the enemy.

Whether or not you believe we should have been involved in that war, her actions still crossed a line. Her allegiance as an American actress and political activist was to America. She was able to spread her propaganda into enemy territory because our soldiers fought for her freedom to do so. The same soldiers she sold out and hated.

She apologized for her action 16 years after the fact when veterans were disrupting the filming of a movie she was in. In 2000, she stated she would go to her grave regretting the photo taken on an anti-aircraft machine, surrounded by North Vietnamese soldiers. Whether or not her words are sincere, she still committed unforgivable acts.

As someone with family and friends who have been in the army, it's hard for me to forgive her actions. For me, it's something only God can forgive. Others see her actions as an element of free speech, but at what point do we stop allowing free speech to impede human rights?

Of course, when going into a discussion over this topic, you'll quickly find the grey areas, but it doesn't change the fact that this woman betrayed her country.