top 5 books to read during the summer

Per my last article, I mentioned that reading is something students should take advantage of during the summer. So, I narrowed down a list of 5 books to read this summer. Enjoy!

1. "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hossein

This book is fantastic and had me going up and down a roller coaster of emotions. This book also doesn't shy away from the conversational topic and is excellent for a book club discussion. So grab some friends and start reading!

2. "The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green

Looking for something more a bit quirky/ romantic? The fault in our stars in perfect and definitionally one of my go-to reads. John Green is a fantastic writer!

3. "Harry Potter series" by J.K. Rowling

Every summer I have a little tradition of re-reading the Harry Potter series. J.K. Rowling was one of the first authors that introduced me to the world of writing and re-reading the series has me falling in love with her writing every single time.

4. "Simon vs. The Homosapien Agenda" by Becky Albertalli

Simon vs. homosapien agenda was one of the first LGBT+ genres I read, and it was amazingly well- written, I couldn't put it down! I highly recommend this book before going back to school and maybe watching the movie adaptation, "Love, Simon."

5. "Fangirl" by Rainbow Rowell

I could go on forever about this one book, but I'll keep it brief. This book was amazing, and I loved the main character since I related her personality in so many different ways. This book inspired me to get back into writing and keep challenging myself. 11/10 recommend!

Summer is the perfect time to catch up on some reading, and these books are great for students trying to get back into that hassle. So what are you waiting for? Pick up a book and get reading!

Shout out to my homegirl, Noori for giving for giving me the inspiration for this article!