Excitement for "The Disaster Artist" Is Too Real

James Franco's upcoming film 'The Disaster Artist' is sure to be one of the best films of 2017.

63
The Daily Beast

I am more excited to see James Franco's upcoming film "The Disaster Artist" than I think I have been to see any film in a long time, save for Star Wars. For you to really understand why, let me give you a little background on where this movie came from and why it's even being made.

If you have never seen the movie "The Room" I seriously suggest you exit this web browser, get your butt over to Google and find a way to watch what I, among many, would describe as the best worst film ever made. And no, I'm not talking about the movie at the Oscars with the kid and the lady trapped in a tiny room for years, because that movie was actually good.

I'm talking about Tommy Wiseau's 2003 epic film adventure, "The Room."

Luckily, showing you the poster for the film gives literally nothing away. But it does reveal the unmistakable face of one Tommy Wiseau, the man who not only wrote the film, but also played the lead role of Johnny.

So you're probably wondering, why Jessica? Why should I care about this bad movie from almost 15 years ago?

This YouTube video with the most memorable scenes from the film should help answer these and maybe some of your other life questions:

Tommy's co-star in the film, Greg Sestero who plays the best friend Mark, wrote a tell-all book once he realized this movie was not going to be simply a bad movie, but the best bad movie ever made. Titled "The Disaster Artist" the book chronicles his actual real life friendship with Tommy along with the making of the movie, and man is it hilarious.

Luckily for us heart-throb, funny man, and Oscar-nominee James Franco is also a huge fan of The Room and saw fit to turn this memoir into the film we didn't even know we needed.

Here's the trailer for the film, which releases on December 1, 2017. That date also just so happens to be my 26th birthday, so thanks for the most epic present ever James.

Franco's likeness in his portrayal of Wiseau is borderline haunting! There are some serious Hollywood heavyweights who will be playing alongside Franco in the film including: His brother Dave Franco, the love of my life Kristen Bell, Allison Brie, Bryan Cranston, Seth Rogan, JJ Abrams, Zac Efron and thats just to name a few. Even Tommy Wiseau himself is credited on the IMDB page as 'Henry'. And I mean, hello, DID YOU SEE JANE FONDA?!

This movie is sure to have you cracking up but I seriously advise checking out the film that started it all before you buy your tickets to Franco's film, which is already generating some serious Oscar-buzz. Let me know in the comments all about your favorite scenes, trust me, you'll have more than one.