5 Things COVID-19 Has Taught Me About True Friendship

There is one question that keeps playing in my head, "Am I doing something wrong?".

The pandemic made everything worse. We were all isolated from the world we knew. As a result, I have been bored the last couple of months, even though I have been busier than ever.

Yet, with the downtime I do have, I have not been able to find new friends to enjoy it with.

1. Reliable friends are priceless.

I had friends in the past, and I guess I have some friends now. However, they are not necessarily reliable. I am dedicated, and I try everything to get to know someone, but I feel let down in the end. I am not trying to complain, though. If there is one thing I believe in, it is that you should never lose hope.

2. I'm different.

I know that I think and act differently. I know that I have some niche hobbies. However, I still have a lot of things in common with other people. But, here's the thing, I was never able to get along with people like me. I was always attracted to people that were the opposite of me. In the end, I was shocked at how well it went with friendships.

3. Relationships are everything.

Ever since the pandemic, I've been lonely for the first time in my life. It was probably because I had no social interaction with people whatsoever. Although I am quite shy and like being by myself, I have tried so hard to get out of my shell over the last couple of months. I had no success.

Be that as it may, I haven't given up just yet, and you shouldn't stop trying either!

4. Acquaintances have taught me about true relationships.

I joined many clubs, and I was able to make plenty of acquaintances because of it. Nevertheless, it's frustrating that I know everyone, but I don't actually know them on a personal level. I wish I got to know people more, but I suppose I don't know how to do so.

5. Never give up.

I don't want to sound cheesy, but, as I said, if you look hard enough, then you will eventually find a reliable friend. You don't have to settle for an okay friendship; that person is waiting out there for you! Also, remember, you should try to learn how to love yourself and your family first before really putting yourself out there.