Brothers And Best Friends

Brothers And Best Friends

What it's like when you and your best friend date brothers.

727
Brothers And Best Friends
HerCampus

Two best friends dating brothers may seem like the best thing ever, and in a lot of ways it is, but it isn’t always as great as it may seem. Leah and I have been best friends since seventh grade. Going into senior year, I started dating Dylan, then Leah started dating Jaylen, who happens to be Dylan’s brother (technically, stepbrother), late senior year. Here’s my list of reasons why I think two best friends dating brothers is a good thing... most of the time.

• You always have a couple to double date with: You two are best friends, and they’re best friends, so when you want to go on a date with another couple, the choice is simple.
  • You always have double dates: It almost becomes routine, when you and your significant other want to go do something, to call or text to see if the other couple wants to come along. While this isn’t necessarily a bad thing, it can become easy to forget that sometimes a couple needs to have alone time.
  • When you have to go to his family gatherings you have someone there: Obviously your boyfriend will be there, but when your best friend is there too, you have someone to lean on that may feel as equally out of place or as awkward as you do. It definitely makes for a better time when your best friend since 13 is there to make jokes with you.
  • Your best friend understands your relationship fairly well: When your best friend is around both you and your boyfriend a decent amount of time, she gets to know your relationship pretty well. And since she doesn’t just see your boyfriend only as your boyfriend, she can play a good, unbiased (for the most part) voice of reason when he gets on your nerves.
  • You don’t have to worry about getting along with your boyfriend's brother and his girlfriend: I’m sure most couples have that awkward stage when they first start to date, where they want to get along with their boyfriend's friends and their friend's significant other. However, there are no awkward getting-to-know-each-other double dates when you and your best friend date brothers.
  • You have more fun: Now, you have three best friends that you know you can count on and who will make your life that much better.
  • Sometimes your best friend knows your relationship too well: Boys talk just as much as girls talk. Sometimes your boyfriend tells his brother things you didn’t exactly plan on telling your best friend, and the next thing you know she’s asking for details on a fight you were over with from the start.
  • Your best friend won’t always tell you what you want to hear: This can happen whether your boyfriend annoyed your best friend, or you and your boyfriend are in a fight and she makes you see his side and tells you how it is because she’s also his friend almost as much as she is yours. I feel like when you’re in a situation like Leah and I are, yeah, you get closer to your boyfriend's family and brother, but most importantly, you become closer to your best friend. And I feel as if that’s the icing on top.
From Your Site Articles