The Pursuit Of Love
relationships

The Pursuit Of Love

In modern times, long term relationships built on trust, loyalty, respect and the foundation of love are not as common as time goes on.

127
The Pursuit Of Love
Photo by Alex Iby on Unsplash

At the age of 19, I feel as if I don't know much about life yet. I have gone through obstacles and I have many experiences that I am so grateful for. But, I am positive of something, and that is what a strong, loyal relationship entails. I may not have been aware until I was more mature, that I have generations of unconditional love among marriages to look up to. When I was younger, I didn't appreciate my parent's deep love for each other, I thought it was abnormal. Unfortunately, intimacy, loyalty, respect, and unconditional love is extremely rare in relationships nowadays. I am beyond thankful to have these standards to uphold in my own life and hopefully in a marriage one day.

When you commit to sharing your life with someone, it isn't to be taken lightly. You are committing to forever, why wouldn't you want to have such loyalty and love until the day you die? From what I have observed and learned, marriage and eternal love is nothing easy. It takes constant effort, trust, and devotion to your significant other. You put this person before every other person, even sometimes the children you have created together.

The hardships and disagreements need to be resolved together, not independently. The effort and care for one another may never stray, that's where things start to go downhill. I see my parents and grandparents fight through all odds against them with the foundation of love. I will not take this for granted. With both my sisters now married, I can see they incorporate these principles in their relationship as well.

Unconditional love for another human being is something you can't compare. A healthy and loyal relationship is something to strive for. With a constant goal like this in mind, it is possible for everyone to find this passion. I will always keep in mind the strong relationships I have to look up to and settle for nothing less.

"Love is supposed to be based on trust, and trust on love, it's something rare and beautiful when people can confide in each other without fearing what the other person will think." ― E.A. Bucchianeri