I Didn't Know That
relationships

I Didn't Know That I Would Lose My Best Friend To Her Boyfriend

I didn't know that you would stop doing the things that make you happy. The things everyone used to judge you for. You are the type of person who does things on YOUR terms and now they're on his.

388
unsplash.com

As your best friend, all I ever want is for you to be happy. Because as best friends, we know exactly what makes the other happy. I know all your weird and quirky lingo. I know how much you hate certain foods and most of all, I know the things that are important to you in life.

I feel that I know you more than most people do, but one thing I didn't know was how much your new relationship would distance us. We went from doing everything together to only seeing each other when it's convenient… for you. Or for him…

He is always there like your little puppy. Or maybe you are his.

I'm not jealous by any means. I understand relationships and I knew one day this would happen…

I knew we would both find someone, and we would be so happy. But I never knew you would pick someone who makes you sad.

I never knew the time would come where we didn't hang out every single day. Where life gets too busy for the both us and we just can't find the time to even catch up. I didn't know this.

But most of all, I didn't know you would lose yourself.

I didn't know this.

I didn't know you would pick him over everyone in the world, including your family. That if it came down to the two of us, you'd pick him without hesitation.

I didn't know this.

But I do know one thing. I know that you haven't changed because people don't change that easily. You're still my weird best friend who enjoys doing nothing but annoy me 24/7 with your crazy hypothetical adventures that you love to make reality. The best friend who will drop anything to pet a puppy and take a picture of it to show me later. You're still in there somewhere.

I wish your boyfriend got to meet that cool girl because she's seriously the best friend in the world. But I don't think he ever will. Because if he did, he would know that he doesn't deserve her.