A Thank You Letter To My Boyfriend

A Thank You Letter To My Boyfriend

I know it's cliché, but he deserves more than just a thank you.

2342
A Thank You Letter To My Boyfriend
Hannah Reann

To my boyfriend,

Thank you. Thank you for choosing me and loving me, every day. I never asked you to love me the way that you do, but I am realizing how truly grateful I am for you. Thank you for showing me what it means to be happy. Thank you for listening to every rant, story, and joke that I tell you. Thank you for being the person I run to after a long, difficult day and making me smile. Thank you for the endless love that you radiate. Thank you for wiping away my tears and picking up the pieces when I am lost. Thank you for always making sure I feel loved.

I don't know how it all happened, but I am lucky it did. The first conversation we had will always hold a special place in my heart. I remember we spent hours on Facetime, falling asleep laughing at each other's jokes. I was genuinely happy for that moment we shared. Since that day our love has grown to what it is today.

What we have may not work for everyone, but it works for us. I love how open we are when talking about anything. I love that you listen to me ramble on and on about a simple thing. I love that we can be ourselves around each other. No matter the time, place, or day we both know the other is always willing to listen and understand.

Thank you for always being patient with me, especially when I get into one of those moods. Thank you for being so good to me, especially when it gets hard. I know I am not the easiest to deal with, but I appreciate you. Sometimes I feel like I do not deserve someone like you, Out of nowhere, you appeared with arms open, ready to love me. I appreciate you more than I may lead on. I care about you and I thank you for being a part of my life.

On a serious note, I know we have had our difficulties, so thank you for helping me with mine while simultaneously dealing with yours.

I am working hard on myself and I love that you support me in all I want to do. Thank you for holding me when I cry, even when it is over something completely stupid. I wanted you to know that I would do all that I can to be there for you, when you may not be doing well yourself.

Thank you for never giving up on me no matter how hard our lives get. Thank you for never going to sleep mad or upset and always saying "I love you" before we head out on our day. Thank you for the countless hours at attempting to teach me how to play video games, even though I will never fully grasp how to use the controller. I just know I am pretty good at Madden, just saying. Thank you for letting me call you when I cannot sleep or when I just needed to hear your voice. Thank you for loving me no matter what, no matter when.

I hope you know that you have my heart, no matter what life may throw at us. I hope you know that I think you are one of the best people that I have had the chance to know. You are so much greater than you think you are, my love.

I know this may feel repetitive, but thank you for being everything I could ever want and for showing me what it means to be in love with your best friend.

I love you, always.

Your girlfriend