The 10 People You Always See During Finals Week At URI
Campuses

The 10 Types Of Students You See Rushing Around URI During Finals Week, No Exceptions

To the people sleeping on the couch in the library, I support you.

785

Finals season is upon us here in the great state of Rhode Island, as it is everywhere else throughout the United States. URI has it's own special set of people who make an appearance throughout the year, but finals season is when those types make their true presence. I'm going to try my best to hit some of the significant presences I've seen, along with my fellow students I asked to help me out on Instagram. If you can label yourself as any of these types, either be really proud or really embarrassed. Aka you, the people who only come to the library during finals, be embarrassed.

1. Groutfit gang

Who knew grey came in so many different shades? By finals week there is a solid chunk of guys and gals who adopt a colorful array of different shades of grey and I can't say I don't blame them. Something about grey is so comfortable, so if you fail your final, at least you were in your comfy clothes. If you don't already, get yourself a pair of comfy grey sweatpants and a grey crewneck.

2. Procrastinators pumping and dumping everywhere you turn

You know them when you see them, and you might be one yourself. Shit hits the fan and you realize you haven't made a Quizlet or done any of your study guide for tomorrow's exam or written your fifteen-page paper that's due the same day. These people work like mad men and women, taking breaks just to eat a bite of a protein bar or check their phone to show friends and family they are alive.

3. Girls who dress WAY too good to be studying

Why are you taking an exam in a super cute getup when you can and should be in your groutfit? Granted I am literally one of those people who for some reason likes to dress nicely from time to time when studying or taking an exam. However, I feel like it's a bit much to dress like you're going out to dinner when all you're doing is studying for eight hours in CBLS.

4. People still going out every weekend

Hello frat bros and srat gals who literally can find an excuse to get Rhody wrecked at any time, especially during finals. Y'all are wild for partying when you know you should be studying, it takes guts. Anyone who has the time to do that instead of focusing on preparing for finals is someone I'll never quite understand.

5. People doped up on Addy

Gotta get your focus on. I respect it and I say do what you gotta do to get those good grades, just please do not go overboard and start a very unhealthy habit.

6. People whose finals are just "so hard" even though it's just a gen ed

Some are hard, I was there too, but honey if you complain about your ART 120 or PSY 100 exam, I don't want to hear it, I've got harder things to worry about. You'll be fine.

7. People who never leave their spot in the library

You stink, it's been days, and you still haven't left your spot. You forgot what fresh air feels like, and the feeling of the sun on your face is a foreign concept. Please do us all a favor and take a shower and share your spot with those who need it. You can't hoard your spot forever.

8. People sobbing post final over how they failed just to get an A

These people just need to chill. You give those of us who fail feelings of despair because we know that won't happen to us. You know you'll be fine, don't work yourself up and have confidence.

9. People who go to the library and take rips on their JUUL instead of work

Get your JUULing butt out of the library you disgusting people. I say this with love. Seriously do not go to the library, or CBLS, or any study area and just putz around texting Becky about how you and Brad hooked up while puffing vapors around the room. You can't just go to the library to say you did, if you go, please go and actually do work. There are lots of people who go to the lib for more than just finals week, and you have no right to take up their space.

10. People sleeping everywhere you turn

Goodnight my sweet princes and princesses. People will sleep anywhere and everywhere, and I certainly don't judge. This is why you need a solid groutfit, so you can sleep in comfort instead of in tight jeans. Please actually get some sleep people, don't skip out on it for an all-nighter.