7 Tips For College Students To Survive Finals Week

Finals week: May the odds be ever in your favor.

1025

Everyone knows that April showers bring May flowers. Sadly, college students only have a few weeks to enjoy the flowers before finals week rains down on them. This is the dreaded week that college students pull all-nighters, overload their brain with hours of studying, and live off of coffee and pizza. Finals week can be tough, but remember, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger! Follow the tips below to survive finals week.

1. The sooner you start studying, the better.

Prepare for your exams a week or two before finals week. Organize your class notes and highlight the main ideas that might be on the exam. Studying early allows more time for your brain to digest and store the material. You will feel more prepared for your exams and won't have the stress of cramming the night before.

2. Get enough sleep.

Many college students fall victim to procrastination and are forced to pull all-nighters to study for an exam. You should plan to study throughout the day and go to bed early in order to be well rested for your final.

3. Eat a healthy meal.

Start your day off right with the most important meal of the day--breakfast. College students will perform better on exams if they aren't distracted by a rumbling belly that is crying to be fed. If you have a final later in the day, fuel your mind and body with a nutritious lunch or dinner.

4. Take breaks.

Studying is tedious and draining. Reward yourself every couple of hours with a break. Grab lunch with a friend, take a walk outside, or watch Netflix. To ensure a productive study day, limit your break thirty minutes to an hour.

5. Go to the gym.

Sitting around all day studying results in a lazy, boring day. Take a break from your studies and hit the gym with a friend or go for a jog around campus. Working out will help reduce stress levels and release endorphins to boost your mood.

6. Dress for success.

It's easy to roll out of bed the morning of an exam like a zombie and take your final in your pajamas, but if you take ten extra minutes to chose an outfit that makes you feel confident and successful, you will perform better on your exam.

7. Relax and take a deep breath.

One thing to remember about finals week: its bark is worse than its bite. You will probably do better on the exam than you expect--as long as you follow my advice! So relax. Before picking up your pencil to begin the exam, take a deep breath and exhale out all your anxiety and stress.

Good luck on your finals! May the odds be ever in your favor.