10 Bible Verses To Get You Through Finals Week

With God, all things are possible.
9663

Sometimes it can be extremely hard to find God in finals week. You're hunched over flashcards, tirelessly typing away at papers, and studying till 2 a.m. The last thing you're thinking about is God's love. Instead, you're cursing at your studies in between sips of coffee.

However, it's during stressed, difficult times that we need God most, and finals week can be the most stressful, difficult time of our school year. Therefore, here are some Bible verses to keep coming back to during finals week.

1. When you start to think that education is pointless:

"How much better [is it] to get wisdom than gold! and to get understanding rather to be chosen than silver!" Proverbs 16:16

God wants us to be educated! God wants us to learn and understand more about the world He has created. The more we learn, the more in awe we are of His power.

2. When you feel too weak to keep going:

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Weakness is not something to be ashamed of. God works most through our weaknesses, so feeling weak allows us to completely lean on God's power and love. It's through our weaknesses that God does His best work. All we have to do is trust Him.

3. When you're sick of going through this stress:

"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." James 1:2-4

It may be one day into finals week, and you're already pulling your hair out. Just remember that God uses every single trial and obstacle in your life. One day, you'll stand before Him, and He'll commend you on your faith during those times. Don't lose hope!

4. When you're overwhelmed by your control:

"All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:16

It is important for us to study hard and try our best, but we must humble ourselves and remind ourselves that ultimately we are not in control. Only God can truly control the outcome of our lives, including our exams, so don't feel beaten if you end up doing a bit more poorly than you intended. God knows the reason behind everything.

5. When you feel guilty for being afraid:

"Elijah was afraid and ran for his life. When he came to Beersheba in Judah, he left his servant there, while he himself went a day’s journey into the wilderness. He came to a broom bush, sat down under it and prayed that he might die. “I have had enough, Lord,” he said. “Take my life; I am no better than my ancestors.” Then he lay down under the bush and fell asleep.

All at once an angel touched him and said, “Get up and eat.” He looked around, and there by his head was some bread baked over hot coals, and a jar of water. He ate and drank and then lay down again.

The angel of the Lord came back a second time and touched him and said, “Get up and eat, for the journey is too much for you.” So he got up and ate and drank. Strengthened by that food, he traveled forty days and forty nights until he reached Horeb, the mountain of God." 1 Kings 19:3-8

Sometimes, I believe we think of people from the Bible, such as Elijah, Moses, and Peter, and we think, "They were so much more faithful than I am." That's where we're wrong. They were so scared of the world and the trials that come with it. It's important to remind ourselves that they were just like us but that God called, nourished, and prepared them for His plan. He's doing the same with us, especially during this week.

6. When your past failures haunt you:

"But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:13-14

Did you do poorly on past final exams? Forget about it! Look ahead! Press on to win God's prize.

7. When you're tired of studying:

"No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it." Hebrews 12:11

It's exhausting and painful now, but it will be worth it! God will grant you peace and joy after you're finished. All you have to do is get through this hard week. It will all be over soon.

8. When you don't trust your human abilities:

"With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall." Psalm 18:29

Do not rely too heavily on your human abilities. They are not what brings victory. God brings us victory, and it is in Him that we can do anything. It is through Him that we can get through this week.

9. When you put too much emphasis on your exams:

"Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." Colossians 3:2

In the grand scheme of life, exams are nothing to God. All that He truly cares about is that you keep your eyes and mind fixed on Him. At the end of the day, it is what's above that really matters, so don't put too much pressure on yourself to nail your exams. They are important to the world, but in God's eyes, they are nothing compared to your love for Him.

10. When you need rest:

"When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet." Proverbs 3:2

If there's one thing we succeed at during finals week, it's not getting enough sleep. We desperately need rest and peace, and our God grants it. He sees how hard you are working. He sees how long you are studying. He sees how much you are worrying. He sees these things, and because of them, He will make your sleep sweet, so cover yourself up with blankets, rest your head on your pillow, and take advantage of this wonderful gift.

Peace and blessings to everyone going through finals week. Remember that God loves you, and He can help you get through it!