14 Breakup Songs To Get Over Your Ex

When you first break up with someone, the initial pain of the split may take some time to subside; you'll probably be listening to some pretty sad songs to cry it out. However, once your down-in-the-dumps phase seems to be coming to a close, it's time to listen to only the best post-breakup, moving-on songs. My best friend sent me her "f*ck you" playlist filled with some pretty great songs for when you're in this mood. Granted, wanting to move on does NOT have to mean that you have negative feelings toward your ex; it just means that you're ready to start a new chapter of your life.

Add these tunes to your playlist and listen when you're ready to move on:

1. “Don’t Call Me Up” - Mabel

"I'm over you and I don't need your lies no more, 'cause the truth is without you, boy, I'm stronger"

"I'm on a high and you're alone, going out of your mind, but I'm here up in the club and I don't wanna talk, so don't call me up"

"'Cause I'm here looking fine, babe, and I got eyes looking my way, and everybody's on my vibe, babe"

"When you're looking at my photos, getting hot, losing control; you want me more now I let go"

2. “Drink About” - Seeb featuring Dagny

"I'd pay a million bucks to think about anybody else but you, drink about anybody else but you, talk about anybody else but you"

"No more waking up in your room!"

"I want anybody else but you"

3. “do re mi” - blackbear

"If I could go back to the day we met I probably would just stay in bed"

"I wrote a little song for you, it goes like: do, re, mi, fa, so f*ckin' done with you"

"So f*ckin' done with all the games you play, I ain't no tic-tac-toe"

4. “Sorry” - Beyonce

"Middle fingers up, put them hands high; wave it in his face, tell him, 'boy, bye!''

"Headed to the club, I ain't thinking 'bout you"

"Sorry, I ain't sorry"

5. “Ridin’ Solo” - Jason Derulo

"Now I made it through the weather, better days are gonna get better"

"I'm feeling good tonight; finally doing me and it feels so right"

"Now I'm feeling how I should; never knew single could feel this good"

6. “You Don’t Own Me” - Grace featuring G-Eazy

"I'm free and I love to be free to live my life the way I want, to say and do whatever I please"

"You don't own me; I'm not just one of your many toys. You don't own me; don't say I can't go with other boys"

7. “Break Your Heart Right Back” - Ariana Grande

"What goes around comes around, and if it goes up, it comes down"

"Want you to cry me a river; I just want to break your heart right back"

"You're tellin' me you're sorry, well sorry, my friend, 'cause I've already been there, done that, ain't doin' this again"

8. “New Rules” - Dua Lipa

"Don't pick up the phone; you know he's only callin' 'cause he's drunk and alone"

"Now I'm standin' back from it, I finally see the pattern"

9. “Hurts Like Hell” - Madison Beer featuring Offset

https://weheartit.com/entry/323098232WeHeartIt

"The devil got you good this time, and I hope it hurts like hell"

"How does it feel to do it on your own, missing me?"

"I know I'm messing up your mind, but now I got you good this time"

10. “Look What You Made Me Do” - Taylor Swift

"I got smarter, I got hotter in the nick of time; honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time"

"All I think about is karma ... and then the world moves on, but one thing's for sure: maybe I got mine, but you'll all get yours"

"I'll be the actress starring in your bad dreams"

11. “better off” - Ariana Grande

"You keep insisting I listen to your proposition, but I dismiss them all, no offense"

"I'm better off without him; I'm better off being a wild one"

12. “It Ain’t Me” - Kygo with Selena Gomez

"I'll take with me the Polaroids and the memories, but you know I'm gonna leave behind the worst of us"

"No, I don't wanna know where you been or where you're goin', but I know I won't be home and you'll be on your own"

"Who's gonna walk you through the dark side of the morning? It ain't me"

13. "Problem" - Ariana Grande featuring Iggy Azalea 

"Head in the clouds, got no weight on my shoulders; I should be wiser and realize that I've got one less problem without you"

"I'm thinking I love the thought of you more than I love your presence, and the best thing now is probably for you to exit"

"There's a million you's baby-boo, so don't be dumb; I got ninety-nine problems but you won't be one, like what!

14. “thank u, next” - Ariana Grande

"I've learned from the pain; I turned out amazing"

"Spend more time with my friends; I ain't worried 'bout nothin'"

"I've loved and I've lost, but that's not what I see; 'cause look what I've found, ain't no need for searching"

"Thank you, next!"