10 Quotes To Help You Get Out Of A Breakup Funk

Don't worry, we've all been there.

633

1. "No girl should ever forget that she doesn't need anyone who doesn't need her." -Marilyn Monroe

The worst thing you can do is continue to revolve your world around a person who doesn't make you their main priority. Save your time for someone who will treat you like the queen you are.

2. "Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -Elizabeth Taylor

Moving on from a relationship or fling can be difficult. Your confidence is super low, and all you want to do is lay in bed with a bowl of cookie dough ice cream and binge on Netflix. However, this just leads to a drawn out pity party and prevents you from moving on. Go about your day as you normally would. See your friends. Keep busy. Create a new "normal" for yourself without your ex, and you will feel like yourself in no time.

3. "Even if it ends badly it's worth it if it made you feel something, if it taught you something." -Taylor Swift

Every person you date teaches you another lesson about what you're looking for in a significant other. They add to your character and also teach you about yourself. Never regret a past relationship, because it made you who you are today.

4. "I will not try to convince you to love me, to respect me, to commit to me. I deserve better than that; I AM BETTER THAN THAT...Goodbye." - Steve Maraboli, Unapologically you: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience

If you feel your significant other pulling away, and you find yourself chasing after them, it is definitely time to bow out. You deserve to be loved. If they want you to beg for it then they don't deserve your time.

5. "I cannot compromise my respect for your love. You can keep your love, I will keep my respect." -Amit Kalantri

You are more important than your relationship. If you feel as though you are sacrificing yourself to satisfy someone else, move on.

6. "Just because a relationship ends, doesn't mean it's not worth having." -Sarah Mlynowski

Don't give up on relationships all together just because your last one did not go as planned. Someone else will be able to make you feel that spark again.

7. "One day they'll realize they lost a diamond while playing with worthless stones." -Turcois Ominek

Being dumped for another person has to be one of the worst feelings on the planet. No one wants to feel as though they were replaced by someone else deemed "better." Well, they are not better. And eventually your ex will realize that.

8. "When my absence doesn't alter your life, the my presence has no meaning in it." -unknown

If the person you're seeing doesn't mind being away from you, then don't give them the satisfaction of seeing you when they want to.

9. "You lose yourself trying to hold onto someone who doesn't care about Iosing you." -Tablo

Don't change yourself to keep someone else in your life. It's a big world. Someone else will cherish you for who you are.

10. "If you're brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello." -Paulo Coehlo, author

Being the one to pull the plug on a relationship can be just as hard as being dumped. Are you making the right decision? Will you regret it? Will you be lonely? If you are willing to take that chance and walk away from something that isn't working, you will find happiness.