To My Boyfriend Over The Next Few Months Apart

To My Boyfriend, Over The Next Few Months Apart

Long distance relationships can be hard, especially when months pass apart from one another.

615

As these roughly next five months apart pass know that you are always on my mind and in my heart.

We began our relationship together apart with states between us and the agonizing realization that this would be our relationship for quite some time. However, after months of numerous FaceTime calls, text messages and phone calls the time to see each other for the first time came! It was the first time we had locked eyes with one another in almost six years since that day we met at church when we were nothing but young eighth graders trying to prepare for an Easter egg race for the younger kids. I knew from the first time I saw you that I liked you.

We, however, did not attend the same school or run in the same circle so our lives took different paths and we never saw each other again. But, we became friends and stayed in touch throughout the years. We both went through tough times and other relationships with other people. Graduated high school and I went off to college and you went off to join the Coast Guard.

Our worlds were in two totally different places. Although we knew some of the same people because we lived in the same town, in those six years we never crossed paths again. It was not until you reached back out to me in October that our journey to where we now truly begin.

Right away I remembered the time six years ago when we met for the very first time and how I instantly fell for you! We caught up and told each other about where our lives were now and soon enough we were falling for each other.

You came into my life at a time when I was trying to start a new beginning after battling every day with depression and the never-ending thought of simply ending my life to make all the pain go away. I let you in and trusted you right off the bat with the darkest parts of me. You knew of my past and the wrongs in which so many individuals have done to me. Yet, you never got scared away, you never left me even when I was so desperately trying to push you out of my life because I was afraid of being hurt by someone else and knew I would never be good enough for you.

Months of long phone calls and texts went by and I was falling head over hills in love with you! When the time came to see each other again after six years it was instant comfort and relaxation! Our life together started with a shopping trip with your wonderful loving mother and sister.

I still remember our first kiss we shared in your car that day! How you asked me to be your girl a few days later after we both met each other's family.

Our time together so far may be small and a big part of it has been spent apart with states between us but, I truly believe that God brought us back together for a reason and he knew we were meant to be!

I am so blessed to have you and even though at times it can be super hard with the distance we always get through it. And I know that these next five months is the longest time we will have been apart since we started this journey together. However, I know this is just another test from God to see if we can make it and I know we will!

The love I have grows for you with each day, from the first time I told you 'I love you' to now! I pray that in these next few months we turn to God to help us get through it and trust that this time apart will only make us stronger together. We are both bettering our lives and starting our futures to begin the journey of our dreams.

Although we might not be right beside each other to do this, know I am with you every step of the way and that I am beyond proud of the man you are becoming and the roads ahead that God is leading you down!

I will see you soon my love, I love you!