I'm Addicted To My Boyfriend And That's OK

There is no better way to explore and conquer the world, than with your best friend at your side.

15317
Stocksnap

It is OK to be addicted to your boyfriend, to be completely in love with him and want to spend any and all the time you can with him. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. The feeling of being with someone and finding someone who ultimately sets your heart on fire is a feeling that can only be explained by each individual person. Some people may fall head over heels with their boyfriend right away, while others take their time with falling in love.

I admit freely that I’m one of those people that is addicted to my boyfriend. He and I love spending time together, whether it’s phone conversations or face-to-face interaction. We also text and call each other throughout the day to see how each other’s day is going. When we are together, we hug each other so tightly, we don’t want to let each other go. We feel safe with each other.

When he and I first started dating, I admit I blew off others just to talk to him. It felt so exciting to have someone that I enjoyed talking to in my life. The fact that he was the one who called me first will always bring back great memories. Although I have never been one who has had a massive number of friends, I know who the true ones are. My boyfriend is one of them. He is one of the few people I trust. He is the one I can talk to about anything.

Your boyfriend should make your face light up every time you see him. He should be the one who you can talk to about anything and everything. That’s what mine is to me. He is the first person I tell both good and bad news to. He is the first one I vent to and cry to. He is there to help me celebrate my biggest accomplishments. He knows me so well that he can tell if there is something wrong within seconds. He is there as the coach that pushes me to do better in life and helps me feel better about myself through his pep talks when I need a boost in my spirit. He is selflessly thinking of my needs before his own.

If you aren’t addicted to your significant other, that's OK too, but it can be healthy to spend a lot of time with the person you love. After all, the more time you spend with them, the more you learn about them. Even more so, the more you learn about yourself. If you live with them before you get married, you can learn even more about them. You will see each other at your worst, and you can figure out if you still want to be around each other. Even though my boyfriend and I don’t live together yet, we know each other well enough to know each other’s weaknesses and strengths and how to better each other, together.

Some other reasons my boyfriend is my best friend are:

He is always there for me. Even if he doesn’t answer his phone all the time, I know without a doubt, I can call him anytime, anywhere. It doesn’t matter if it is 9 p.m. or 4 a.m. He always tells me, “Call me if you need to. I’m always here for you. You’re more important than sleep.” If you find someone that tells you to call them whenever you need them, then they are surely a keeper.

He can get me to calm down even when I feel like I could explode. He helps me rationalize each situation. He lets me cry in his arms and even tells me to cry, to let my emotions out. He also reminds me that I have to stay calm through hard times, otherwise, I won’t be able to think straight.

His demeanor is always positive. He carries himself as though nothing weighs him down, despite the things he may have on his mind. I feed off of his positive outlook about life and so do his coworkers and friends.

His faith in God is amazing. He always asks me: “Do you trust God? Do you trust me? Everything will be okay.” He reminds me that he and God are both there for me, that God knows what’s best for both of us and that I’m loved by the King of Kings. He prays with me and for me. What more could a girl ask for?

He knows about everything in my life and still loves me. He knows the good, the bad, the ugly and everything in between.

These are just some of the reasons why my boyfriend is my best friend and how I became addicted to him. You can also find that someone who sets your heart on fire just by smiling at you or by the touch of their hand on your shoulder. You can find someone who makes you happy and brings you peace. Who wouldn’t want to be best friends with their boyfriend? After all, it’s easier to be best friends first and then turn into lovers.

Being in love with someone that genuinely cares about you is an amazing feeling. That feeling only intensifies when your boyfriend is your best friend. Your boyfriend being your best friend is one of the biggest blessings in life. With him you always have someone to take on the challenges of life. Life is an adventure, and there is no better way to explore and conquer the world then with your best friend at your side.