Talking To Someone New When Your Heart Is In Pieces

Got a broken heart, but want to start fresh?

76

I think the worst thing is to actually feel the gates being set up, guarding your heart, but you wish you can knock them down. Personally, I have always been an "open-book" person, so when you asked, "Do you trust me?" I said yes. I really do trust you, that's the thing. Sadly, my past makes me think I can't trust anyone again. I strongly mean it when I say, "It's not you."

My motto is: "I trust everyone until they give me a reason not to anymore."

I stand by that, but recently, following through with it is harder than just saying it. It's one thing to know you have trust issues, but it's another to know you don't, but somehow can't let yourself be fully open anymore. You don't even notice you change into being this shelled person. It just happens. One day, you are telling everyone your past, and the next, you try to forget it even existed.

However, who says this new person has to know your whole past. That's the thrill in it being "new." You can tell them the pieces of stories you are comfortable with saying out loud.

Everyone has "baggage" you can say, but it's how you execute yourself to someone new.

Someone breaks your heart, but there is someone always out there to put it back together again. Now, once you crack something and glue it back together, the cracks still show. No one says you have to begin on a new, clean slate, but also, no one says you have to show other people your cracks if you don't want to.

It will always be scary and different when you first meet someone who knows nothing about you, including your history with others. Therefore, that new person will be there to put you back together, without even knowing you are broken.

Different is never simple, but who says it's not good.