To The Ex Who Shattered My Heart, I Know Now I'm Better Off Without You
relationships

To my ex-boyfriend who shattered and broke my heart into a million pieces and left me dumbfounded as to what went wrong between us.

461

Relationships can be a mess and difficult to deal with, especially in college. There is so much within both of your lives going on and it can be hard to keep up and maintain the relationship between the two of you.

For over a year it was a back and forth battle when it came to us being a couple, finally, we decided that we wanted to give this relationship between us a real shot! However, after months of being together and going on adventures together and enjoying one another's company, things began to go downhill from there.

All the promises and future plans in which we made and thought about for our lives together were now lies and unfulfilled wishes. Why did our relationship come to an end as it did? There was never a clear answer for me as to why. Especially the question of how someone who claimed to love you could throw away everything you two had for someone else. How could you destroy so many possible relationships that would have come into each of our lives from us being together?

Sadly, figuring out lies and that the trust I had in you was destroyed, crumbled me. I had this heavy weight on my chest that would not go away. I felt as if I caused all the destruction in our relationship to occur, that I was not good enough to be yours. I had to finally realize that it was not my fault our relationship ended. I turned to my Lord and savior to guide me and put my trust in him that all of this happened for a reason and a purpose.

Having someone emotionally hurt you the way you did to me is not OK! I put my trust in you with my heart, body, and soul. The saddest and most painful part is that it felt as though hurting me was the easiest thing for you to do and taking for granted the levels in which I brought down my built-up walls for you! Feeling degraded and like I was not good enough made me disgusted with myself and unable to look in the mirror at the broken girl I had become since you left me.

Regardless of our relationship coming to a drastic end, I do have to say thank you for showing me the person you really are and how you would never put me first in our lives together. I am glad that the relationship we shared, despite how hard I took the loss, I am glad it ended and fell apart before our relationship together grew more than it had already. This heartbreak has provided me with a better outlook on life and what love between two people should be like.

Day by day I still think about our relationship, but I know that at the end of the day I am a stronger and better person now that God put me through this obstacle.

Like I said in the beginning, relationships can be messy and not end well, love sometimes lies individuals tell one another just to keep a hold on them. But, if you can find true happiness and love, do not let it go! Trust in the Lord that he brings people in and out of our lives for a reason and sometimes learning those reasons can be painful yet worth it in the end.