A Sincere Open Letter To My Ex-Boyfriend

You deserve the greatest, regardless of what you think.

120122
Warner Bros

For your sake, I won’t say your name. I don’t feel like I need to, you and others both know who you are. This is a letter to you. You know what type of person I am, one that doesn’t easily give their heart to someone, but then I met you.

The moment I fell for you was the greatest, yet scariest, because as much as I love you I was so scared that one day I would lose you. From the moment I met you, I knew you were going to change my life. I didn’t think you were going to mean so much to me, but somehow you tore down my walls and I let you in. You were more than any other guy. I wrote a letter about how much you meant to me almost a year ago, and even though we aren’t together anymore I still mean every word of it.

See Also: A Cheesy Love Letter to My Boyfriend

I know to others and when I hear myself say it, it sounds silly, but you were the best thing to happen in my life. You were the biggest blessing to come into my life. You weren’t just my boyfriend, but my best friend, and back in January I decided to leave the most amazing person that I have ever loved. I wrote in my previous letter to you, and said “No relationship is perfect though, our relationship isn’t perfect, we have both made mistakes and overcome them, you never gave in when things got a little rough, and neither did I. I knew that if I did, I would lose the most amazing person I have in my life, which I never want to happen.” We are both imperfect, we both have our faults, but that wasn’t why I left. I left not because I hated you, or because I did not love you anymore, but because of how our relationship was at the time, and most importantly because I was scared and I’m so sorry for doing so.

I wish I could turn back time and tell myself to just stick it out and be there for you, but at the same time I knew I had to let you go. I knew I had to let you go for the sake of our relationship, and for your sake also. You wanted to be a better person, a changed man, which I respect you for. You wanted to grow, and I wanted you to grow without me. You reminded me constantly that your first priority was yourself and you had to focus on yourself, and I left so you could go through it and not have me as a distraction or someone to hold you back. I needed you to love yourself, make yourself happy and know who you are before you were ready to be with me. I tell myself that it was a “right guy, wrong time” situation, but everything happens for a reason.

I basically have been waiting for you to create a new relationship with new memories and re-fall in love with the new you, when it was our time again. It’s kind of hard to live my life without you, missing you almost everyday. Now here we are, months later, and I see that you’re happy and proud of who you are, with someone new in your life. As incredibly shitty as it is for me to see you with someone new, you’re happy with your life and that’s all I ever wanted for you, whether it would’ve been with me, or someone else, I wanted the man that I love to be happy. I hope this person, or the next is worth it, unlike I was to you, and makes you happy more than I ever did and one day will love you more than I do, because right now she doesn’t know, but she is the luckiest girl in the entire world to have you.

Now that you’re happy, there isn’t much I can do. The only thing I can/will do is to not love you as much as I do now, and to be in love with our memories instead. So thank you for being with me.

Thank you for being my caretaker the night we met, for letting me know that you were home safe after I thought we’d never see eachother again. Thank you for driving 12 hours just to spend a weekend with me, for facetiming/talking to me until we both passed out, introducing me to your family and letting me be a part of something you knew I didn’t have. Thank you for making time for me when you could, even though all you wanted to do is play 2k and nap after a long day, I should’ve appreciated it more. Thank you for always putting up with me crying over little things, and then knowing that you were what made me feel better, for singing to me and dancing in your car and making me giggle to feel better. Thank you for loving me when I was alone, when no one else did and letting me love you right back. You used to always apologize and say it was hard to love you, but as hard as you think it was for me to love you, to me it was like I was born to do so.

Thank you for letting me spoil you and take care of you, I did my best to keep you happy because that’s what you deserve, you deserve more and better than me. Thank you teaching me about your interest in shoes, sports, and country music. Thank you for causing trouble in hotel rooms, secret rendezvous, doing things we shouldn’t do, going to random restaurants and for feeding me whenever I was hangry. For making me feel so good and like a princess each time we were together, for letting me be your princess, mocosa, bunny, baby girl, sugar momma, girlfriend and, most importantly, your friend. Thank you for being the love of my life, the biggest blessing ever, and for my bunny.

Know that you were worth so much to me and still are. You, and our memories are irreplaceable to me. So if you’re up at 3am, remembering every little fight we had, or how you’ve hurt me in anyway, or with anyone in that matter, you need to remember that you deserve the best, the greatest care, love, and happiness you have/will receive. To me you were the most amazing person I had in my life, I wouldn’t change a thing about you because you were perfect to me. I constantly see you as that amazing person which is who I fell in love with, and nothing will change that.

Remember your self worth, stop seeking acceptance from others, and bring down any walls you build around yourself. Surround yourself with positive influences, with those who know your worth, who love you, who will let you live your life, and not control you in anyway. Do what is best for yourself, and what makes you happy. Don’t let go of the things that make you who you are, don’t try to change the reasons why people love you, don’t let anyone change who you are. Just keep being you. Thank you for being my muse one last time.

Sincerely, your Ex-Girlfriend.

From Your Site Articles