5 Ways to Celebrate Mother’s Day While Stuck at Home

Quarantine can't stop Mother's Day from being fantastic.

156
https://www.pexels.com/photo/selective-focus-photo-of-person-holding-book-2351719/

Mother's Day is a cherished holiday in my family. Although Christmas and Easter bring larger parts of my family together, Mother's Day gives my immediate family the time to be together and celebrate my mom.

My mom is a central part of our family, offering guidance and support in a variety of ways. She not only raised me and my brother but continues to offer life advice as we navigate college and the world at large.

This year, we have to celebrate a bit differently. Rather than taking my mom to her favorite restaurant or spending the day at the beach, quarantine has kept us inside the house. However, there are still plenty of ways to celebrate Mother's Day while stuck at home.

Cook Her Favorite Meal

One way to celebrate your mom is to cook her favorite meal. Find out what she wants to eat and gather all the ingredients. This meal can be breakfast, lunch, dinner, or all of the above. Regardless of which meal your mom chooses, make it special and take the time to create a delicious meal.

Depending on your mom's preference, you can either cook her favorite meal with her or let her enjoy it once the cooking is over.

Have a Family Game Night

Family game nights are great ways to get the family together and laugh over board games. Choose a game or two that your mom really enjoys and play it with the whole family. Whether it's Scrabble or a puzzle, Monopoly, or Heads Up, there are plenty of fun options to choose from.

Create an At-Home Spa

This is a great way to pamper your mom and make her feel more relaxed. You can choose from a variety of spa treatments, like painting her nails or giving her a massage. Regardless of what she chooses, it should be relaxing for her and give her time to rest.

Watch Her Favorite Movie

Spending a couple of hours watching her favorite movie or TV show is sure to make your mom feel special. Choose a classic movie or find a new one that she has been wanting to watch. You can either find the movie on streaming platforms or on the Internet.

Make a Homemade Present

Try getting crafty and creating a DIY present for your mom. This can be anything from a painted picture frame to a gift basket with all her favorite things. You can also write her a handwritten card, which she will definitely appreciate, too.

Mother's Day can still be a great day to celebrate your mom and all that she has done for you, even while stuck at home. The key is to find ways to show your appreciation, whether big or small and let your mom know that you love her.