Happy Mother's Day From Your Adopted Child

To the woman who raised me and made me who I am today.

1498
Isabelle Carlson

Dear Mom,

Happy Mother's Day.

I know I don't say it enough, but I love you and appreciate everything you have done for me. I can't help but think of how lucky I am to have you in my life. You didn't just get stuck with me, you chose me. You may not have grown me in your stomach, but you grew me in your heart, and you loved me before you even knew me.

Some may say that you're not my "real" mom, or that there's a difference between an adoptive parent and a biological one. They obviously don't know what it's like to be adopted. You are my "real" mom. You are my everything. You are the one who clothed me. Who fed me. Who raised me. And who taught me what it means to be selfless and live for others.

I will never be able to thank you for all that you have done for me. There are no words to say how incredibly lucky I am to have you in my life, and how incredibly blessed I am to have been chosen to be your child. You have given me so many amazing gifts, but above all else, you have given me a family, and for that, I will forever be grateful.

Love,

Your Adopted Child

From Your Site Articles