A Letter To The Single Parent Who Is Struggling, It Will All Be Worth It
Politics

Try to remember that a child's love is so innocent and pure.

1160

First, let me start off that you are amazing. You gave your child the gift of life, and the gift to continue to live that life in a comfortable way.

Whether you're a single mother or a single father, you still kick ass trying to give your child everything they need, want and deserve. I know sometimes things get tough, but try to remember the positive things.

Try to remember that a child's love is so innocent and pure. Their ability to forgive you for screaming at them 30 seconds earlier is amazing. Their ability to turn your entire day from crap to the best day ever is amazing. The way that they show you love in the smallest ways that mean the world is amazing.

But you know what's more amazing?

A parent that struggles in silence, a parent that has a hard time and doesn't express that to their child. A parent that wakes up every morning and goes to a job or sometimes even jobs, to make sure that child is taken care of. A parent that studies during late hours of the night while their child is peacefully asleep.

A parent who also has wants and needs, but pushes them aside in order to get their child what they've asked for. A parent who kisses boo-boos and snuggles them when they're upset or hurt. A parent who sacrifices everything for their child, but at the same time does not allow the child to feel like they are a burden.

Parents: your children absolutely adore you, even when everything isn't perfect. They look past all the imperfections and see someone who unconditionally loves them and tries their best to give them what they need.

This is for the single moms AND dads that feel unappreciated and not good enough. For the parents that make every decision based on their child and what's most beneficial to them. For the parents, who did not sign up to be a single parent, but are KILLING it.

Keep going, don't give up and most importantly never look back. You are doing the best you can, and I promise your child knows this and will never forget it. Also remember, it's both okay and healthy to take time for yourself to re-focus, and take a break.