Don't Underestimate The Single Parent

Don't Underestimate The Single Parent

Mom, I love you.

196
Don't Underestimate The Single Parent
M Ameen

Single parents are more common than not these days. I have been raised by one my whole life and I will be 21 this June. It has by no means been easy, but we make it work. Naturally, it has been a little easier since I'm older, but when I was younger, it took a lot of coordination and other people helping out. Just as it goes with some things, it can be hard to ask for help and this was no different. Even though we always had people telling us that they were there to help give rides or whatever we may need, we always felt bad for asking, but you do what needs to be done.

I've seen what working three, sometimes four, jobs all while going through nursing school looks like. I've seen the struggles of getting injured and having to worry about living conditions. I've seen a lot of things that aren't good, but I've also seen a strong woman who will do whatever it takes, no matter what she is going through, to make sure that I have everything I need. I've seen her give and give and give and not ask for anything in return, and my only hope is that I will be half the mother that she is.

I hope she knows how much I love her and how thankful I am for her, even if I don't voice it as much as I should. She has tried her best to give me everything and anything and she has done a pretty good job of that. I hope she knows that I'm sorry for all the pain I've caused her over the years. I hope she knows that I don't take her for granted. I hope she knows how thankful I am to have her as my mom because I don't know what I would do without her.

Never underestimate a single parent for they are doing the job of two people and are stronger than you know.

I LOVE YOU MAMA!