Letter to my father

An open letter to my father

What you did sounds dumb to me

6846
An open letter to my father
The Truth About My Parents' Divorce

Considering im 18 now & you're one of the best men i've ever met since you have a child; me. I want you to know that I love you, more than anyone, I love you. I don't forgive you for the way you hurt my mother. I'm hurt because you broke our family. Thing went down hill the day you found Laquita. You we're distant & shortly after my mother turned into the coldest, saddest women to walk past me. She's my best friend & so are you. Not one day goes by where I don't wonder what she did wrong. How on earth could you trade your family & the women who loved you unconditionally for a home wrecker? Sounds dumb to me.

But I don't want you to think that i hate you for it. For awhile you were all i knew or had. I didn't have a mother. Hell, we barely have furniture in our home because bills couldn't be paid, but that didn't phase me because I was with my all time bff. The times where I would let you drink on the "school bus" because you were basically an alcoholic by then. You were drinking because no one cared. Mom left & my grandparents turned their back on you because of what you did to my mother; I don't blame them. But you are & always will be the best man to enter my life. Thank you for being the best father you could be even though your marriage with my mom didn't work.

I think God hand picked you for me without a doubt. You have always been the best dad & the best best-friend. I love you with my whole & i wouldn't trade you for anything so thank you for being so good to me.