19 New Year's Resolutions For 2019

19 For 2019

Your most generic New Year's resolutions and also some ideas of fun things to do in this new year.

19

You don't have a New Year's resolution? You want to hold yourself accountable to doing something new at least once this year? Here's top 19 the most fun and generic resolutions and fun ideas for 2019!

1. Organize a fancy brunch date for you and your friends

Whether you do it at home or go out to a restaurant, brunch is always a good idea. It's even better when it's you and some close friends dressing up nice and having some mimosas as you all gossip about the last television show you are watching.

2. Have a spa day, or weekend, for yourself

Treat yourself! There is nothing bad about treating yourself to some relaxing spa time and allowing yourself to be pampered. Everyone needs their own "me" time every once and a while.

3. Change up your hair

This is especially going out to all of the girls out there that are cutting their hair for any small inconvenience in their life. Do it! And for those of you that judge the girls that cut their hair constantly, try doing it for a change. It won't fix your problems, but it will make you feel better.

4. Get a piercing

This is a little tricky because depending on how strict your parents are, but if you like living on the edge, go for it. It doesn't even have to be a bellybutton piercing or anything, you can even re-pierce your ears.

5. Go go-karting

Whether it's indoors or outdoors, go-karting is a lot of fun. It's even more fun when you go out with a group of friends and have some friendly competition. So next time you are al looking for something to do on a Saturday night, go-karting is the way to go.

6. Watch at least one movie a month

This is something I started doing last year and it was honestly a lot of fun. It was fun to pick one movie that I found interesting that was in theaters and I went out to watch it. It's an easy Friday night idea that will drag you out of the house for a little while.

7. Do a small, or big, road-trip by yourself

There's nothing cooler than discovering a new place and re-discovering yourself on the trip. I'm a firm believer in the idea of traveling by yourself to find out more about yourself, so I encourage any and every kind of road-trip.

8. Volunteer for an event or at a community shelter

Now, many people think volunteering is boring, but if you find events that interest you, then instead it will turn into the experience of a lifetime. Often times festivals, marathons, etc. are looking for volunteers and it's the perfect opportunity for you to experience these things without paying for it. If you're looking for something more that will better the community, then volunteering at your local shelters will allow you to offer help to all of those in need.

9. Read a new book every month

Just like the movie habit, make it a book habit as well. As we grow older and become busier, it is important to keep reading. Not just the tabloids and the headlines, but books. Read on the bus ride on your way to work. Read in between your two classes. Read on the toilet. Just try to read!

10. Take up a new hobby

Knitting, painting, yoga, etc. There are hundreds of habits out there that are just waiting for you to take them up. You can even learn a new skill, whether it's learning how to ice skate or learning how to write with calligraphy pens, there is always something fun to do and learn.

11. Go to a concert

Concerts are fun. Whether you've had the tickets for months or just spontaneously decided to go, concerts are experiences that will stick with you for a long time. The venue, the smells, the horrible singing from everyone in the crowd, it is all amazing. The midnight food after the concerts are just as good too.

12. Camp out for something

Black Friday, a movie, a concert, the grand opening for a store, camping out for something is a once in a lifetime experience. Sometimes even the people you meet while camping out are even better because they share the same common interest as you. While everyone might call you crazy, go out and do it.

13. Meal prep at least one week per month

This can be seen as a habit that it too mainstream, but it can actually help you, especially if you're a busy person. It only takes a couple hours of dedication, some Tupper wears, and there you have all of your meals for the week. It's smart to make different meals, so you're not tired of the same thing, but don't be afraid to try something new while saving time.

14. Break an old habit

We all have that ONE bad habit that no matter how hard we try to break it, it's like a lost cost. It's not too late to try again to break it. You never know, you might be better off without this habit and it will lead you towards a more positive one.

15. Find an internship or a job

2019 is not just for moving forward and growing as a person, but as a professional as well. Don't be afraid to apply for that job or internship because you never know what other opportunities it can lead you to. You never know until you try, so don't waste your opportunity to further yourself and your career.

16. Visit a National Park

Hear me out, SUPPORT YOUR NATIONAL PARKS! Do it! I cannot stress this enough. These parks are breathtaking and are unbelievably amazing. They will show you the beauty that not only our planet and nature have to offer, but our country as well.

17. Eat more at home

Not only is eating at home healthier, but it also saves you money. Personally, I know how hard it is to eat at home, especially when you're running around, but eating at home will save you so much money and will even encourage you into becoming a better cook.

18. Keep a notebook

Diary, journal, whatever you want to call it, a journal can actually help you keep track about the events in your life throughout the year. It can even help you with coping with feelings. Sometimes it's better to write things out and look back on them than saying them once and suddenly forgetting about them.

19. Enjoy the shit out of life

Simple as that. Take advantage of the opportunities you are presented with but don't take them for granted. Appreciate your friends and family. And sometimes, just sit back and reflect on how great your life is. It's the little things that matter and it's important to be happy with who you are.