Why New Year's Resolutions Are Important

I'm challenging you to challenge yourself this upcoming year

2524

At the end of the year, it is common for people to make New Year’s Resolutions. Some people often opt out of this tradition because it can be a challenge to keep these resolutions throughout the New Year, and no one wants to feel defeated.

New Year's resolutions can also feel silly at times. I believe that it is important for all of us to embark on this challenge this upcoming year.

Why are New Year’s resolutions important? Coming up with resolutions forces us to reflect on our actions during the past year. When you decide to make a resolution, you are deciding that you need to change something about yourself. This self-reflection is very important for everyone.

Once we decide that we need to change something, creating a resolution allows us to challenge ourselves to change in the upcoming year.

Every resolution is important, whether you decide to have a healthier lifestyle, spend more time with your siblings, or become more committed to your schoolwork.

This New Year, I challenge you all to challenge yourselves by reflecting on this past year and committing to a New Year’s resolution. Happy 2017!

From Your Site Articles