Holiday Shopping: Gift Guide For 2023

Holiday Shopping: Gift Guide 2023

Ideas And Inspiration To Jumpstart Your Shopping Spree This Season

2405
holiday gifts wrapped with care
Photo by freestocks on Unsplash

The holiday shopping season is here now that we've turned the calendar to November. Why wait until Black Friday when you can get a head start right now?

Google has published its Holiday 100 Gift Guide, the top 100 gift ideas based on trending searches in 2023. That's a perfect place to start if you're looking for inspiration, as it has something for just about everyone on your list.

Amazon has its own Holiday Gift Guide, a helpful hub, ranging from stocking stuffers to decor, deals, and most popular items that are flying off the virtual shelves.

And if that's not enough for you, well, we have plenty of gift ideas of our own. Spend some time looking through these lists that we've hand-curated at Odyssey with the help of a range of our contributors:

Best Gift Ideas To Help Those In Need

10 Thoughtful Gifts for Elderly Relatives this Holiday Season

pink gift wrapped with a golden bowTexas Tech University

Finding thoughtful presents for seniors can be challenging. After all, many older adults own a surplus of items and have specific tastes. It can be even tougher if they insist that they do not want a gift, as so many senior citizens don't want to be a burden. [READ ON]

11 Ways To Give Back This Holiday Season That Won't Cost You More Than $25 And A Smile

volunteers give of their time this holiday seasonCollege of Charleston

Christmas season is nearly here! December is the time to blast Christmas music and drive around to look at all the holiday lights, but there is so much more to the holiday season than that. It's easy to get so swept up by the excitement of the season to forget what the true meaning is of it all. This is the season to give back. [READ ON]

Christmas Gift Inspiration

The Best Gifts to Make Your Loved Ones Feel Merrier

holiday gifts wrapped in bows with ornamentsMia Amelia

The holiday season is a time for family, friends, and giving. What better way to show your loved ones how much you care than by giving them a gift that will make them feel merrier? [READ ON]

19 Perfect Christmas Gifts For The Girl With TONS Of Clothes And NO Closet Space

gift ideas for the woman who struggles with closet spaceMiami University

You probably know someone who LOVES SHOPPING but has a super small closet or is so addicted to buying clothes that they have nowhere to put them all. It's not an uncommon issue. I'm actually one of those types of people who has so many clothes and literally NO STORAGE SPACE for them all! [READ ON]

22 Christmas Gifts To Get Your Boyfriend If He's The Guy Who Always Says He Doesn't 'Want Anything'

girlfriend and boyfriend hang out at a holiday partyMiami University

In the four Christmas' that I have spent with my boyfriend, I have realized one thing: boys are hard to shop for. Each year I have to rack my brain for gift ideas because when I ask my boyfriend what he wants for Christmas, he always says something along the lines of "nothing." [READ ON]

25 Christmas Gifts To Get The Mom Who Gives You Everything

mom enjoys christmas gift with her daughterThe Narrative

Our moms do everything for us all year round - from answering every panicked phone call about which laundry detergent to buy to being our shoulder to cry on when we need it most, moms truly never stop giving. In a year where there was a not-so-pleasant surprise around every corner, I think a lot of us can agree that our moms were a great support through it all. [READ ON]

13 Easy Christmas Gifts For The Bookworm In Your Life Who Already Has ALL The Books

UNC Greensboro

The holidays are around the corner and you're probably struggling to figure out what to gift your quirky, book-worm friend. Well, if you are, then here is a list of the best ideas any book nerd would love! [READ ON]

5 Crafty Gifts to Give Your Creative Friends and Family for Christmas

person enjoys painting as part of holiday craftsNational Storytellers Society

As someone who highly considers themselves as a creative individual, I have had the tendency in the past to take for granted the difficulties that may come with discovering the perfect gifts to give overly creative minds during the Christmas season. Such a person typically enjoys receiving thoughtful gifts with a great amount of consideration. If you struggle with finding the perfect gift for your creative loved ones, here is a list of 10 perfect gifts for any creative type this Christmas. [READ ON]

Fail-Safe Gift Ideas for Your Daughter

child excitedly opens a presentCity College of New York

While you may know your daughter very well, you can still find picking out a gift a bit difficult. Well, to make shopping easier for you, here are 5 fail-safe gift ideas for your daughter! [READ ON]

Stocking Stuffers For The 2023 Holiday Season

5 Killer Stocking Stuffers That Go WAY Beyond Your Basic Pair Of Fuzzy Socks

red stockings hung with care on a mantelUniversity of Georgia

Stockings always play a role in gift-giving, but oftentimes they're a throw-together-at-the-last-minute kind of thing. Here are some good stocking stuffers that'll make anyone in the family happy. [READ ON]

Ways To Get In The Holiday Spirit

8 Things That Should Be on Everyone's Holiday To-Do List

holiday cookies with coffee

tasteofhome.com

Gingerbread, gingersnap, sugar cookies, snickerdoodles, it doesn't matter! Baking some sort of Christmas dessert cookies should definitely be on your lists. [READ ON]

5 Ways To Get Into The Christmas Spirit This Year

house decked out in holiday lights for christmas seasonArizona State University

It feels like Christmas is sneaking up on everyone. Lucky for you, there's still time to feel the Christmas spirit and enjoy time with your family and friends. [READ ON]

7 Fun Ways To Spend Your Time When You’re Home For The Holidays

woman home for the holidays at a cabin during snowfallPennsylvania State University

Among the hustle and bustle of midterms and making travel plans for Thanksgiving and Christmas, making plans for what to do once you finally get home can slip your mind. So here's a few fun ideas! [READ ON]

10 Things You Need From Target If You Want To Take Your Christmas Decor Game To A Whole New Level

family decorates christmas tree togetherNational Writers Society

It's no secret that for a majority of people, Christmas season is the happiest time of year. [READ ON]