10 Things You Need From Target If You Want To Take Your Christmas Decor Game To A Whole New Level

No one wants to talk about 2020, but these decor pieces will give everyone something worth talking about.

15386

It's no secret that for a majority of people, Christmas season is the happiest time of year.

There are people that put their trees up before Halloween even begins and those that calmly wait until Thanksgiving is over. No matter which group you fall in, there's a good chance that this year has been a tough one, so why not treat yourself to a few new pieces that will spark joy in your heart every single time you catch a glimpse of them.

1. This animated phone figurine.

via Target

If you are a parent, you understand how pivotal this small piece of decor could be for your Christmas season. Kids are acting out and not sharing what most would call the "holiday spirit?" Maybe you need to "call Santa" so that he can be aware of their behavior. I bet that would make them think twice about not cleaning up their room the next time you ask.

2. An animated plush, singing dinosaur.

via Target

Dinosaurs are making a comeback, and I am HERE FOR IT. They are full of childhood nostalgia, and that is something we all need a little bit more of this year. Nostalgia can add to the warm feelings we get around Christmas and bring some joy into this abysmal year.

This is a 50/50 choice if you have kids because either A) they're going to love it and entertain themselves with it or B) you're going to hear the song so many times that you want to pull your hair out. I recommend giving it a chance.

3. Set of 3-piece Christmas vehicles.

via Target

I love these vehicles because you just know that your dad or grandpa will talk about them until next season. That smile they'll get when they mention them over and over will be worth it. They have a timer option, which is good for those late nights when you only remember to turn off half of your lights before crawling into bed.

4. A pom pom Christmas tree.

via Target

How cute is this unique spin on a decorative tree? You so rarely see pom poms on anything but a preschooler's artwork these days, but this is an eclectic focal point to add to your mantle. The rest of your decor could consist of the bare minimum, and people would still think you had the best decor just because of this tree. Plus, you don't have to worry about it getting broken if your family Christmas tends to get a little rowdy!

5. A llama musical snow globe.

via Target

We all know that one person in our life that is currently obsessed with llamas (yes, sis, I'm looking at you right now) and this is a treasure to be found. It's the perfect Secret Santa/White Elephant present for the llama lover in your life that they will likely not pack away with the rest of their seasonal decorations.

6. A unicorn nutcracker.

via Target

Remember back in the old days when you could only find the creepy solider nutcracker that almost made you feel as though they were watching you from the other room? Well, not anymore! Target has exceeded the expectations of turning the scariest piece of decor into something amazing. If unicorns aren't your style, check out this Dinosaur or Penguin version instead.

7. This "good deeds" spinning wheel.

via Target

This is another great piece for parents or even teachers. The children will enjoy the fun in spinning the wheel and do something nice for someone else in return. The "good deeds" are so simple that anyone older than three could enjoy this piece and the giving back will make the whole family, or classroom, feel a little more holiday spirit.

8. An animated Santa climbing a ladder.

via Target

There are two versions of this piece that can be chosen depending on where you want to put Santa. There's a small version that is 30" and perfect for a smaller tree, and a larger version that is 65" for a fireplace front or taller tree. This is my favorite piece out of the collection this year because even as an adult, it's fun to sit and watch him climb up and down while procrastinating wrapping presents.

9. A set of mini bird figurines.

via Target

These colorful pieces would look great hidden within your tree or even sitting on a table with the pom pom tree. They sit a little over 3" tall so the possibilities are endless when it comes to placing them in with current decor. If you love the birds, but just aren't feeling the color scheme, they also have a set of winter white birds as well to fit a more pastel theme.

10. The nostalgic ceramic tree.

via Target

This is the tree that everyone I know has grown up with; their parents had one, and their parents' parents had one as well. I have loved seeing this tree sit in the windowsill at my own parents' house since I was little and love that I am able to add one to my own collection for my kids to grow up with. Not only are they offering a variety of color choices for the tree, there is also a smaller size that comes in multiple colors as well.