5 Ways To Get Your Shit Together

5 Easy Ways To Get Your Shit Together

You, yes you, get it together.

8
5 Easy Ways To Get Your Shit Together

I feel like we're reaching the turning point of summer where all the fun and games turns into dread and anxiety as a new school year approaches. Every year right after the Fourth of July the bliss of sweet summertime comes to a screeching halt as we all check our calendars and realize that move-in day is just around the corner. If you're like me and just hearing the word "August" sends you into shock, you might still be in the fantasy that summer lasts forever and you don't actually have to retake Math 1151 next semester. No worries though! Read this to get you started with the process of getting your shit together!

Realize that you don't have your shit together

Close your eyes and recite your class schedule. Alright, that one's a little hard... Try thinking of what day and time you move in. Can't think of that either? YIKES. You've gotta get it together! August is less than 2 weeks away and all you've got for next year is a duvet cover?

Check your email

If there's anything SUPER important that you're forgetting about it's most definitely somewhere in your email. Think about every adult responsibility you have and enter it in the search bar. From there you can figure out if you're late on a payment or have anything urgent to take care of.

Make a list and then make more

Make a list of all of the problems you need to handle to get your shit together. Then for each problem make a list of all of the things you have to do to solve that individual problem. From there, it's just a to-do list.

Get up early

Once you're at a point where you know everything that needs to be done start achieving some of them. You're straight up lying to yourself if you think you're going to want to get anything accomplished after working all day. Get up early before your shift and get something done. Need to furnish your apartment? Stop at the store before your clock in and buy what you need little by little.

Don't get distracted

That's it. All you have to do to get your shit together... is get your shit together. It doesn't happen overnight (if it does for you whats not healthy), and there's no short cut. August is coming and you're not ready, get it together!